Attempted Car Jacking

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    If their intent was armed robbery, there's a good possibility they would have a weapon in their hand. Trying to drive around them may be asking for a few new holes in the truck panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would depend on if they were actually armed.

Were they armed? I didn’t read that in the OP. It said someone exited the vehicle and looked at him.

Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    Good eyes and attention to your surroundings. That area can be a little sketchy. Good on you bro. Doesn't matter where you keep it, clearly it matters that you have access to it.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That would depend on if they were actually armed.

Were they armed? I didn’t read that in the OP. It said someone exited the vehicle and looked at him.

I don't know if they were armed or not. Given the totality of circumstances, I'd lean toward them being armed.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    The curb on the right doesn't look very high. Appears to be flush with the road. Were they blocking that side of the road? Seems like you could just punch that gas and drive around them.

View attachment 100415

Driving around them is not the smartest thing to do in that situation. Putting yourself closer to danger usually doesn’t work out well. If no cars are blocking you, reversing is the best thing in that scenario. If the passenger was out but the driver was still behind the wheel it would only take a second for him to drive in front and block your path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Driving around them is not the smartest thing to do in that situation. Putting yourself closer to danger usually doesn’t work out well. If no cars are blocking you, reversing is the best thing in that scenario. If the passenger was out but the driver was still behind the wheel it would only take a second for him to drive in front and block your path.

Good point.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.

I agree.

Drive thru them.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Attachments

• DD306631-75EF-4D6D-9F38-46EF7A7DBFB5.gif
      DD306631-75EF-4D6D-9F38-46EF7A7DBFB5.gif
      199.5 KB · Views: 74

riverrat66

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2016
    The hills of St Helena parish
    I drove for Winn Dixie pre Katrina. All the N O. stores got night deliveries. Dispatch would hold our wallets until we returned because so many drivers were robbed while unloading. That place was the wild west back then and I don't think its gotten any better. After Katrina they stopped overnight deliveries im told drivers are a lot happier these days. I forgot to mention. Its illegal to carry a firearm in a commercial vehicle. Definitely a law that I think should be changed. We only had our pocket knives and a baseball bat. We used that for protection and checking for deflated tires.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    If their intent was armed robbery, there's a good possibility they would have a weapon in their hand. Trying to drive around them may be asking for a few new holes in the truck panels.

Or your head.

Yeah, Lets try to drive on the shoulder in grass at 4am to avoid the guys with clear bad intentions. No thanks.

Your extra weapons in your car are of no concern to me. I assume you secure them and all that stuff.

I am glad it all worked out well and you are here today and didn't have to defend yourself.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I drove for Winn Dixie pre Katrina. All the N O. stores got night deliveries. Dispatch would hold our wallets until we returned because so many drivers were robbed while unloading. That place was the wild west back then and I don't think its gotten any better. After Katrina they stopped overnight deliveries im told drivers are a lot happier these days. I forgot to mention. Its illegal to carry a firearm in a commercial vehicle. Definitely a law that I think should be changed. We only had our pocket knives and a baseball bat. We used that for protection and checking for deflated tires.

Is it actually against the law to carry in a commercial vehicle or just against company policy?
    I am never in a commercial vehicle so I honestly don't know but I do know of a couple truck drivers who say they carry.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Is it actually against the law to carry in a commercial vehicle or just against company policy?
    I am never in a commercial vehicle so I honestly don't know but I do know of a couple truck drivers who say they carry.

There is no Louisiana law that states it is illegal to carry concealed in commercial vehicles.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Emporer would probably know. I think he owns a few

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I am still shocked that they were willing to kill for ya Mamas enchilada casserole recipe.
    At least they respected ya Mamas cooking, but how did they know?
    Did ya Momma ever make that recipe for a church group?
    Perhaps they remembered your car from bringing her to church?

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    There currently....emphasis on currently, NO LAWS that prevent the carry of legally possessed firearms in commercial vehicles. None federal nor state in Louisiana nor the surrounding states. This is a story perpetrated by large trucking companies to scare drivers into following company policies. No one has been able to produce the statute in over 25 years of asking. I personally have been through 3 DOT inspections while carrying and the officers never batted an eye other than to ask if my boss new I carried.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rynola
    Top Bottom