Attempted Car Jacking

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    All the news lately about carjacking and cars being shot at in New Orleans recently is getting to close for me. Monday before last was the second time in 4 years I could have been a victim. Luckily I was better prepared this time, than the last time. I am now more aware of my surroundings and the vehicles next to me or in front of me when I'm driving, especially on the drive to work. People say I'm crazy for carrying an SBR and a handgun in my vehicle, and my EDC on me at all times, but its better to be prepared for all the crazy crap going on this year. Anyway when I exited I-10 at Almonaster Ave at 4am enroute to work there was a black Honda in front of me with tinted windows and no license plate. I stayed a little further back and as we slowed down for the bad bumps in the merge lane I noticed he kept slowing almost to a stop. When you go to merge into Alvar St. you are vulnerable and no option to evade, it was at that point the vehicle came to an abrupt stop. I started to backup when suddenly I saw the passenger door open and someone getting out looking at me. I pointed my gun with weapon light on and lit him up, they hit the gas and took off turning into the Desire Projects. I notified the police and filed a report. They said I was lucky. Moral of this story is to be prepared, look at your options, and if you can't remove yourself from harms way take appropriate action. So before all you Monday morning quarterbacks start picking my story apart like some keyboard warriors are known for, my backing up left me vulnerable to being shot at and I wasn't gonna be a victim. No I didn't see a weapon at that moment, but I did fear for my safety.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    What's the SBR for?

How do you lock up the SBR and extra pistol?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Definitely sounds like a near miss/diverted jacking to me. Thank the big guy upstairs for giving you the instincts and don’t worry about what people say. They aren’t gonna have your six so they don’t have a say. Nobody needs to know what I carry in my car and I keep it a secret. Glad you didn’t fall victim and good on you for making them think twice. They’ll likely find the less prepared and slightly jumpy guy one day that will end their criminal mischief.

5vegas

Smoke em
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Metairie
    Glad it all worked out without any confrontation.
    Way to stay alert in nola.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Dude! All they wanted was your Moms enchilada casserole recipe! Next time you see them, just give up the recipe!

God, I miss that enchilada casserole! I would kill for my Mom’s old recipe!

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The curb on the right doesn't look very high. Appears to be flush with the road. Were they blocking that side of the road? Seems like you could just punch that gas and drive around them.

almonaster.jpg

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The curb on the right doesn't look very high. Appears to be flush with the road. Were they blocking that side of the road? Seems like you could just punch that gas and drive around them.

View attachment 100415

If their intent was armed robbery, there's a good possibility they would have a weapon in their hand. Trying to drive around them may be asking for a few new holes in the truck panels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Glad everything worked out for you Vigilante Sniper.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom