Six People Including 2 LEO Shot in NC Nightclub.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Two police officers shot at North Carolina nightclub along with four other people
    November 15, 2020

GASTONIA, N.C. – Two police officers are recovering after being shot at a nightclub Thursday night in North Carolina. The two officers were working off-duty at the nightclub in Gastonia, N.C., when they were shot, along with four other people outside the club according to Gastonia police. Gastonia is located about 22 miles west of Charlotte.

The shooting happened at Remedies Nightclub on Union Road around 11 p.m. Police say the off-duty officers were attempting to de-escalate a situation when several gunshots began.
    Police reported that Sergeant E. Nelson and Officer M. Lewis were shot and have non-life threatening injuries. Four of the nightclub patrons who were also shot are recovering after receiving minor injuries.
    Police say two suspects were taken into custody as of Friday morning. Alonzo Lewis Hamilton and Allen Slaughter are now charged with six felony counts each of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury.
    Bond has been set at $1 million for each suspect. Both men charged are expected to appear in court on Friday. Investigators continue looking into what led to the incident and are interviewing witnesses.

There was heavy police presence at the club immediately after the shooting and witnesses described the scene as very chaotic. Officers from multiple agencies in the county responded to the scene. Union Road was shut down between Hudson and Garrison Blvd. while officers investigated.

“People were running around and some locked themselves in bathroom stalls. The guys that were here were very aggressive all night, so I guess they were caught up into a situation where they let their emotions control the outcome and how they reacted.

“It’s very frustrating and like I said before, it’s heartbreaking, and I’m familiar with some of the officers because I work with them. I mean, I don’t work with them, but I’ve stood with them in protests.”

One area TV station reported that no one from the nightclub wanted to talk on camera. However, they did say a fight is what started it all. A flyer produced by the nightclub showed there was a special event at the business Thursday night that featured a disc jockey.

A Charlotte couple opened the nightclub in 2017 and aimed to operate it as a bar at night and a restaurant during the day. The one-story building is 6,800 square feet and has a patio, according to the Charlotte Observer.

Anyone with information about the shooting can call the Gastonia Police Criminal Division at 704-866-6880.

The police department posted on its Facebook page:

“Two of our officers have been shot in the line of duty. Both are non-life threatening and are expected to recover. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.”

The good news from this entire incident is that both the officers and bar customers who were shot are expected to recover from their injuries.

Later on Friday, Gastonia Police posted a new message on its Facebook page simply thanking the community for all the support for the police officers.

Top Bottom