Best/worst prices?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe504

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2012
    50cent a round for 45ACP is pretty good right now, down here anyway.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Best price on .45 I’ve seen in the past couple weeks was Academy, they had a few 200 round range packs of WWB on the shelf for 79.99, which is 40 cents per round plus tax. If I had needed any I’d have bought my limit, although I’ve never paid that much for .45.

The 300 AAC supersonic ammo starts at over 80 cents per round and nearly everything subsonic is over a buck per round on the Academy website BUT it’s rare you’ll see any of that on the shelf so what good is that pricing?
    300 subs and super are what I primarily load quantity wise because the price has never really been decent in my opinion. Even last year when prices were at their bottom in years, the price per round for anything 300BLK was such that I could truly save butt loads of money loading my own. The best deal to be found was the Sellier & Bellot in either sub or super. Beware the Fiocchi loads as they have been known to spit primers and I personally had to deal with that on one occasion where one got caught and smashed between the carrier and the upper receiver wall which locked the carrier half open. I had to dismantle the rifle from the buffer tube to clear that one.

Basically the price for any ammo boils down to what you can actually find in stock. I know people still waiting on ammo they ordered in July and the projected delivery date has moved from mid October to late January at this point. Most of us know that it’s going to get worse before it gets better, regardless of the presidential race. The prices we see ammo going for online in stock ready to ship will likely be higher next month. If I felt that I didn’t have enough of anything at this moment, I’d likely cough up the money now and secure what I need rather than find out in 6 months to a year that the new standard price has doubled. I know people who wouldn’t buy 5.56 at 30 cents per round last year because it was just too expensive compared to what they’d payed in the past. Pretty sure they’d scoop that up now at that price.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    $3/rd on 45? Wow I’ll sell all mine for less than that.

Quality .45 range ammunition would sell fast at $35 per 50 round box.
    Quality .45 carry ammunition would sell fast at $60 per 50 round box.

Dmfbc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2020
    Gonzales, LA
    Anyone know the rules on reloads. I got some in trade I didn’t load them but I’m assuming I still can’t sell or trade them without a munitions license?

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Anyone know the rules on reloads. I got some in trade I didn’t load them but I’m assuming I still can’t sell or trade them without a munitions license?
    Correct. Do not buy, sell, trade or use any ammo you didn't load yourself. You need a license to manufacture ammo for sale and then there is a safety factor. Blow up somebody's gun and they will sue the **** out of you.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    +1 what Barry said. I do share loads with family and a friend who loads, but only because my father is still the biggest volume of correct loading info I’ve ever known and my oldest son has learned from me and my father. My lifelong friend has been loading nearly as long as I have and also stays in touch with my father about the subject and is one of the most conscientious people I know.
    That being said, load enough and you’ll make a mistake. Might not be the mistake that blows up your gun, but a mistake just the same. So, unless you’re willing to chance the worst, better to avoid the hand loads of someone you’re not too familiar with and don’t hand out yours unless you’re willing to own the results.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Correct. Do not buy, sell, trade or use any ammo you didn't load yourself. You need a license to manufacture ammo for sale and then there is a safety factor. Blow up somebody's gun and they will sue the **** out of you.

How could they prove that short of a written receipt to prove a sale actually happened? Say I purchased a couple boxes of 300 Win mag reloads from a friend. And one is overcharged and blows up/severely damages my rifle. If he denies any sale/transfer ever happened, how can I prove it came from him in court?

Sure you can file a lawsuit against anyone for anything, but how could I prove it was his reloads that I purchased and damaged my rifle? And in small claims court?

Comes down to my word against his.

Dmfbc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2020
    Gonzales, LA
    Yeah that’s what I thought. I know the guy who loaded them and he taught me to reload and they are good rounds. I’ll keep them and sell my factory rounds if need be.

Dmfbc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2020
    Gonzales, LA
    From what I know about reloading it’s near impossible to overload a rifle cartridge to the point of catastrophic failure so long as you use rifle powder. There simply isn’t enough case capacity for rifle cartridges. Pistol cartridges on the other hand can easily fit a double charge or more which will almost definitely turn a hand gun into a hand grenade.

hunt4570

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2013
    From what I know about reloading it’s near impossible to overload a rifle cartridge to the point of catastrophic failure so long as you use rifle powder. There simply isn’t enough case capacity for rifle cartridges. Pistol cartridges on the other hand can easily fit a double charge or more which will almost definitely turn a hand gun into a hand grenade.

But again if you don't have any knowledge of the reload, what if that 3006 was filled with Tightgroup??? Scary

Chief762

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2014
    Anacoco, Louisiana
    I know of a very experienced reloader and competition shooter that loaded a .308 case with 40.5 gr of WW231 thinking it was WW748. The first round of that he fired in a M1A, the gun came apart and he was slightly injured. That taught me a good lesson about having more that one type of powder on the bench at any time.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom