Never Talk To The Police (know your rights before you incriminate yourself) video.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Here is a video link on YouTube posted about not talking to the police if you are involved in a shooting (or any criminal matter). I have preached this for years to my family and friends. Anything you say can and will be used against you even if you are innocent. Always remain silent, simply say I want to talk to a lawyer. Never answer any question. I've seen too many time that during an interrogation where the detectives try to wear a suspect down till they finally admit to something even if they didn't do, or the way detectives deceive people being interrogated. The prosecutor is just a bad, all he cares about is winning a case, not proving you innocent even if they hide evidence or witnesses to help you. I've seen this personally and also on several crime documentaries. So if you carry a gun for self protection, please watch the video, and also seek legal advise before you are involved in having to protect yourself or family.
    https://youtu.be/XR915ssT5v8

Last edited:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I dont teach or anything, but have always suggested to friends that if they are involved in such a situation to ask for an ambulance . They can make a call or two in the back of the ambulance and the witnesses always seem to think that the person in the back of the ambulance is the victim .

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I dont teach or anything, but have always suggested to friends that if they are involved in such a situation to ask for an ambulance . They can make a call or two in the back of the ambulance and the witnesses always seem to think that the person in the back of the ambulance is the victim .

That's a good one.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    My concealed carry insurance says, if involved in a self defense incident, to call 911 and request police and medical, then call them and speak to a legal representative before speaking to the police. I'm certain the legal rep's advice will be pretty similar to saying very little, other than I had to defend myself, and pointing out any witnesses or evidence that may be missed. Officers involved in shootings aren't usually questioned immediately after an event, I'm assuming for the same reason.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Good advice all around, regardless of the circumstances. Also, not a good idea to open your door for police unless you asked them to come or they state/show they have a warrant to enter. Once you open the door they’ll be sure you can’t close it. A window or doorbell cam is a great way to carry on a conversation with anyone coming to your door.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    My concealed carry insurance says, if involved in a self defense incident, to call 911 and request police and medical, then call them and speak to a legal representative before speaking to the police. I'm certain the legal rep's advice will be pretty similar to saying very little, other than I had to defend myself, and pointing out any witnesses or evidence that may be missed. Officers involved in shootings aren't usually questioned immediately after an event, I'm assuming for the same reason.

True, and LEO's may wait 2 or 3 sleep cycles before giving a complete statement on the shooting. Memories suck after such a stressful situation.

Last edited:

lefty

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Hattiesburg, MS
    I have a client (Bail Bonds) that is facing 3 felony charges right now all because they didn't just STFU!!!

Cant tell you how many times I have seen people talk themselves into charges that would probably have been dropped in Justice court also.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I have a client (Bail Bonds) that is facing 3 felony charges right now all because they didn't just STFU!!!

Cant tell you how many times I have seen people talk themselves into charges that would probably have been dropped in Justice court also.
    How does that occur, when they typically know the system as well as anyone who works it

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom