Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pop-Up Trailer

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by southerncanuck View Post
    @LACamper speaks wisdom though and a brings up bunch of things I hadn't considered. AirBNB's are sounding a helluva lot more attractive the more I learn about tugging a camper around.
    I looked into doing a pop-up. I ended up realizing that to make it comfortable and workable, I'd need something much, much larger. AirBNB and hotels ended up being cheaper and more comfortable.

And if you're pulling it with a Wrangler? Forget it. You'd need to have a thimble-sized trailer to make that trip comfortable.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Most pop ups are fine. We had them when I was a kid and traveled the country on vacation. Only advice I can give is if you buy one be wary of Coleman. I bought one and the top kept crumbling, and found out later they recalled a lot of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I like your enthusiasm but at my age this is more appealing. Hope it works out for you.
    I'm a pistol packing vegetarian. I believe in keeping my options open.

We are asked to not judge Muslims by the actions of a few but gun owners ARE judged by the actions of a few lunatics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Renting a motorhome may be a good idea. Many of the smaller ones get 12-16mpg they have better facilities and can be utilized while under way (probably better to at least pull off) if you so chose. You’ll burn the same amount of fuel pulling the pop up and add extra wear and tear to your Jeep. Liked we discussed before you can pull a pop up just fine but you will want to break it up to let the Jeep catch a break. The coaches on the other hand are made to drive until you need gas and go some more. Some are unbelievably nice on the inside and if your lady will drive a bit the trip could be pretty relaxing.

oldbie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    Renting a motorhome may be a good idea. Many of the smaller ones get 12-16mpg they have better facilities and can be utilized while under way (probably better to at least pull off) if you so chose. You’ll burn the same amount of fuel pulling the pop up and add extra wear and tear to your Jeep. Liked we discussed before you can pull a pop up just fine but you will want to break it up to let the Jeep catch a break. The coaches on the other hand are made to drive until you need gas and go some more. Some are unbelievably nice on the inside and if your lady will drive a bit the trip could be pretty relaxing.
    The problem with motorhomes is that when you get there you need a vehicle to run around in. It's hard to go grab lunch, run to the store, etc. in a motorhome! So now you need to rent a car when you get there, or flat tow the jeep (which takes wiring and
    towbar setup and a brake controller).
    "Be water, my friend..."

Marksman

User Info Menu

A Class C is what you seek. You don't need a separate vehicle to drive around in. And, you can park it in most Wally World lots for free.