Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Hardly Newbie

User Info Menu

NOLA-area gunsmith? (AMT AutoMag firing pin issues)

A buddy of mine needs somebody in the NOLA area to repair/replace a defective firing pin on his .22WMR AutoMag...
    Suggestions for a gunsmith that I can pass along to him, please?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unknown.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	100526

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Rob at A-1 Gun and Repair in Metairie is a solid dude with fair prices. I was referred to him by the folks at Jefferson Gun.

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

I'm pretty sure we did this exact job on one of these a couple years ago at Gretna Gun. Bring it in for Mr. HENRY to take a look at! Check him out at work in this video:

Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rcm192 View Post
    I'm pretty sure we did this exact job on one of these a couple years ago at Gretna Gun. Bring it in for Mr. HENRY to take a look at! Check him out at work in this video:

What does he do with the mashed potatoes? Everyone is enthralled by it

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by twinin View Post
    What does he do with the mashed potatoes? Everyone is enthralled by it
    He is an extreme purveyor of the finest goods that money can buy from Big Lot's. Ma man!

On Target

User Info Menu

I would bring it to Gretna Gun. I started frequenting this shop again quite often after moving back home after I got out of the navy. Every member of my family who is into firearms uses this shop and over the years a good handful of guns have been brought in for service. Never a complaint and always exceeds expectations with the services they provide. Just go in and look for the little old man behind the counter, Mr. Henry and let him work his magic lol.

Also in these crazy times they have more items in stock than any other 2 FFLs combined in the New Orleans area and they aren’t charging ridiculous prices like a lot of other. Can’t say the same for some of the other local shops selling used guns for $100 more than what brand new ones go for or even better a 50rd box of 9mm fmj of $50 + tax.

Weapon Savant

User Info Menu

Well if you need AMT Automag II parts let me know. I have a few million dollars worth or as Numrich called it "It would take us approx 63 years to sell the inventory you have"
    People spend to much time talking and not enough time listening or thinking.

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eMGunslinger View Post
    Well if you need AMT Automag II parts let me know. I have a few million dollars worth or as Numrich called it "It would take us approx 63 years to sell the inventory you have"
    Taylor....what did you buy!? Lol