Man Arrested at NOLA Airport with 53# Marijuana.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    While we’re on the subject, if you haven’t invested in pot stocks, there’s still time! Yes it should have been legalized nationwide for recreational use ages ago. The revenue stream is staggering. Tax revenue and local economy have both received a huge boost in the states that have wised up. But where revenue is generated in these areas, revenue is lost in others. One need only look at the opposition to discover why it’s not already as legal as beer and cigarettes. The powers that be won’t easily relinquish that control to satisfy the users. So far the Feds haven’t for sure.
    I believe it is a gateway drug but not as much as leading to other drugs as it is an avenue to search and seizure, being investigated, arrested, charged, jailed, etc, etc, etc, so the shift in control of that substance is not going to happen overnight and without a battle. I once heard an attorney say something like (paraphrased) ‘most cops don’t wanna see weed legalized because they’ll lose a free ticket to investigate at will anytime by stating they smell marijuana’
    I’ve also heard a LEO describe exigencies and entering homes at will and that the top two statements that will excuse forced entry without a warrant will include the words, ‘concerned for the safety of...’ and ‘strong odor of marijuana’. I imagine it’s been a game changer in the states where it has been legalized.

Last edited:

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Every-time a state legalizes weed.....

......... nothing actually really happens other than alcohol sales go down by about 10%, kids smoke less pot because it’s not as cool, and state tax revenue goes up by hundreds of millions of dollars.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    It’s against federal law to use Marijuana in any state for any purpose.

The feds haven't enforced this in 4+ years. Allowing the recreational weed experiment (business) in many states to carry on. Why there is no banks involved in the legal weed business or their cash anywhere in the US.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It’s against federal law to use Marijuana in any state for any purpose.

The feds haven't enforced this in 4+ years. Allowing the recreational weed experiment (business) in many states to carry on. Why there is no banks involved in the legal weed business or their cash anywhere in the US.

The Feds have taken an unofficial hands off stance in some cases. If a state legalizes pot and has certain laws in place, like driving under the influence, the Feds won't come in and enforce federal law. But because the banks are regulated by federal law, they could be guilty of money laundering if they accept money from an entity that is violating a federal law.

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    The same people saying LE should focus more on violent crime are the people who elected the hug-a-thug politicians that don't allow LE to focus more on violent crime.

Thank God he was stopped! I will sleep better tonight knowing that another weed dealer is off the streets.

Yeah never mind the fact that they are financing the bombings, kidnappings, and homicides at the border. Never mind the opiate users who are financing D'aesh, Al Qaeda, and al-shabaab. We don't want facts to get in the way of a good narrative, then weak people wouldn't be able to call themselves "patriots" anymore.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    The Feds have taken an unofficial hands off stance in some cases. If a state legalizes pot and has certain laws in place, like driving under the influence, the Feds won't come in and enforce federal law. But because the banks are regulated by federal law, they could be guilty of money laundering if they accept money from an entity that is violating a federal law.

In this case @ MSY, Jeff parish cops arrested this guy and charged him. 53 pounds, are the charges just state charges or have the Feds also charged him? I'm far from an expert on marijuana laws and enforcement. Seems to rely upon state laws and the fed laws are disregarded for the time being. Trump had threatened early in his presidency to enforce the federal marijuana laws but to my knowledge, nothing actually came of that.

Trump and federal marijuana laws: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_policy_of_the_Donald_Trump_administration

Take for example the legal weed business in Cali. I know they need a state license to open and sell weed, and its a cash business only as banks want no part of it (violates federal laws). So do they actually file federal income taxes on a legal weed business profits in Cali? Do the feds collect taxes (profits) on an illegal business (according to fed law)? I doubt seriously they do, but I could be wrong. And a cash only business, talk about ripe for not reporting actual profit/income. Other than license fees, do the states collect taxes on legal weed sales and profits?

And now what 15 states recreational weed is legal in the US? 3 or 4 more states had legalization on the ballot this month. So I guess if we follow the history of state legalization in the past, sooner or later all states will legalize rec weed and the federal laws will change eventually. I believe the Obama administration got this ball rolling disregarding/shelving federal marijuana laws, and allowing states to legalize weed.

Colorado and Washington were the first states to legalize rec weed in Nov of 2012. I would have guessed Cali but I would have been wrong. Same sex marriages and legal recreational weed usage voted in: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTU...lize-recreational-marijuana/story?id=17652774

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    ......... nothing actually really happens other than alcohol sales go down by about 10%, kids smoke less pot because it’s not as cool, and state tax revenue goes up by hundreds of millions of dollars.

Which of these states are liberal batshit crazy states?

Alaska.
    California.
    Colorado.
    Illinois.
    District of Colombia.
    Maine.
    Massachusetts.
    Michigan.
    Nevada.
    Oregon.
    Vermont.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    The powers that be should just realize that having a bunch of half wits bumbling around giggling will only strengthen their hold. Probably why voting went the way it did. Only heavy drug use could explain the skewed views..

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Which of these states are liberal batshit crazy states?

Alaska.
    California.
    Colorado.
    Illinois.
    District of Colombia.
    Maine.
    Massachusetts.
    Michigan.
    Nevada.
    Oregon.
    Vermont.
    All but DC, that’s not a state. It’s a comic book...

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    The same people saying LE should focus more on violent crime are the people who elected the hug-a-thug politicians that don't allow LE to focus more on violent crime.

I disagree. I want policing to focus on crime deterrent and focus offensive efforts on violent crime and organized crime. I have never voted for a politician that is soft on violent crime. Pot should not be illegal at this point in the US: I do not agree with it's use, but a good deal of people want to get high all the time. My Grandfather told me when he was young it was legal, and his neighbor grew it and it was never an issue. Up here we view pot like prohibition, it's another substance that free adults should be able to put into their bodies if they choose. My big issue is funding cartels and terrorists: if we allow drugs to be commercialized it will result in quality stuff that the Chinese can't poison with fantanyl etc. It de-funds the cartels and terrorists if we can make a legal agriculture out of it. Commercial is the way to go. It will open a door for policing to ensure regulations and import is QC etc. I agree with the other dude you did kind of throw a blanket statement with a false association of logic. "Everyone who calls for....votes for soft politicians..." Kind of like the media says: "well there's no evidence of voter fraud, the election integrity is clean." Yet they neither prove or disprove their hypothesis, other than provide a talking head. They get a bunch of experts to chime in on how safe the election process is, even though hundreds of thousands of ballots randomly go missing and appear out of thin air.. Can you imagine if someone asked you that question and you said "Oh there is no voter fraud, it's a myth." Good God can you imagine making that statement like you as a single individual or a collective could vouch for thousands of election officials and millions of avenues for voter fraud? But I agree, too many soft Democrats in places like CA where they have a really squirrely legal system that locks folks up for non-violent crimes and lets violent offenders out early etc. Horrible.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    646a06006e7a86618e930e93a9dbfb92.jpg

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I’m guessing that you don’t realize it’s been legal in Louisiana since 1983, but there was no method of production or pharmaceutical distribution put in place until 4 years ago and now people can get their medicinals legally.

Now the way this idiot was working is very much breaking the law in several ways, but I’m sure he will pay harshly.

You’re assessment of a Stoner, Pot Head or Weed Smoker are quite outdated and I’m sure there are many of these types around, it’s a lot less these days. Can you actually name one single medication that doesn’t “Alter” your mind..? No you can’t, because it doesn’t exist and if it did then it would be Magical.

For many years even after Medicinal Marijuana was legalized back in 1983 it was fought against hard by the Beloved Sheriff’s Association and even up to 6 years ago the head of the organization appeared in front of the LA Legislation and fought against it and won. Until, 4.5 years ago he showed up to have a totally different discussion. In the time span between proposals, his 16yr old niece was diagnosed with a very rare form of gynecological cancer and was dying. To make a very long story shorter...He showed up to fully support moving forward with Senator Fred Mills, a well respected Republican Pharmacist from Crowley to make this happen and even though it took a few more years to get it going it’s been one of the most successful programs put in place.

I know these details because my wife has Stage3c Ovarian Cancer and testified before the Legislature for this as did I and 16 others with superior debilitating diseases that are now surviving without the synthetic chemicals that were killing them.

You can say whatever you want with whatever beliefs and morals you carry, but until it affects You or someone you love and care for then you don’t really know what you are talking about. It’s just parroting false truths or bad behaviors of others that affect the people that need it to Live.

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Isn't it also odd how the large majority of these Liberal Batshit States are also home to the main Gun & Ammo Manufacturers..? You left off Washington State by the way...

Top Bottom