Man Arrested at NOLA Airport with 53# Marijuana.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    An airline passenger from Los Angeles was arrested at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport after Jefferson Parish sheriff's investigators discovered 53 pounds of marijuana in his luggage, according to authorities.
    Tyler Schobert, 23, was booked Thursday with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, said Capt. Jason Rivarde, a Sheriff's Office spokesman.
    It's not clear whether Schobert had just flown into the New Orleans area, or was on his way back to California when Sheriff's Office investigators searched three pieces of his luggage Thursday afternoon. They found several vacuum-sealed bags containing marijuana, Rivarde said.
    Authorities didn't reveal how they identified Schobert as a target for the search.

Schobert was released from the Jefferson Parish Correctional Center in Gretna on a $75,000 bond. His case returns to court Dec. 28 for a status hearing.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Thank God he was stopped! I will sleep better tonight knowing that another weed dealer is off the streets.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Why do drug dealers still think in 2020 it’s a good idea to fly with large quantities of drugs let alone something like weed that In large quantities like that anyone walking near it can smell it. I think our LE should focus more time on violent crimes and getting actual criminals off of the streets but you can’t blame them when someone makes it this easy for them.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Why do drug dealers still think in 2020 it’s a good idea to fly with large quantities of drugs let alone something like weed that In large quantities like that anyone walking near it can smell it. I think our LE should focus more time on violent crimes and getting actual criminals off of the streets but you can’t blame them when someone makes it this easy for them.

Maybe you should run for Sheriff in your parish and correct these issues.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

The same people saying LE should focus more on violent crime are the people who elected the hug-a-thug politicians that don't allow LE to focus more on violent crime.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Lol seems like your a little offended by my comment

- - - Updated - - -

The same people saying LE should focus more on violent crime are the people who elected the hug-a-thug politicians that don't allow LE to focus more on violent crime.
    Definitely not. Making blanket statements like that just makes you look foolish.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Blanket statements like saying what LE should focus more on? :rofl:
    I would agree that was a pretty blanket statement in itself. I think we can all agree that violent crimes are probably a top priority however not talking about this story specifically but I think we can also agree it’s a waste of time and money arresting some dead beat for smoking a joint riding his bicycle back to his moms house. I get it small arrest can lead to much larger ones and get bad guys off of the streets but its overall a huge waste of money locking someone up over smoking some pot. Personally I think it would benefit everyone just fining an individual for marijuana. The same intel can be gathered from making contact and it’s not wasting tax payer dollars locking someone up.
    Again just to be clear I’m speaking in general and not specifically about this bust and also to be clear so I don’t give off the wrong perception I don’t smoke pot and have never been a pot smoker minus a few times back in high school.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I would agree that was a pretty blanket statement in itself. I think we can all agree that violent crimes are probably a top priority however not talking about this story specifically but I think we can also agree it’s a waste of time and money arresting some dead beat for smoking a joint riding his bicycle back to his moms house. I get it small arrest can lead to much larger ones and get bad guys off of the streets but its overall a huge waste of money locking someone up over smoking some pot. Personally I think it would benefit everyone just fining an individual for marijuana. The same intel can be gathered from making contact and it’s not wasting tax payer dollars locking someone up.
    Again just to be clear I’m speaking in general and not specifically about this bust and also to be clear so I don’t give off the wrong perception I don’t smoke pot and have never been a pot smoker minus a few times back in high school.

So you made an ignorant blanket statement...

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

My personal belief is marijuana should be legal. I have not seen any evidence that it is a gateway drug. It appears to be less harmful than alcohol and it's not addictive. But the reasons it should be legal are the reasons people do not need to use it. They use it because they want to. As of right now, recreational use is illegal so using it is simply showing a disregard for the law. Using it in public while riding your bicycle back to your moms house is just flaunting your disregard for the law and it's disrespectful to those people who follow the law. If you want to push a law making it legal, I'll support you. But if you make a choice to disregard the law knowing the penalties for such behavior, I can't say I have much sympathy. If you want to call it civil disobedience, that's fine too. But legal action should be expected. If you don't want the legal consequences that come from disregarding the law, don't disregard the law. Or, at minimum, keep it in the house where the chances of getting busted drop dramatically.

To be clear, in your two sentence reply, half of your reply didn't apply to the post you were replying to and was a random generalization?

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Ever met or talked to someone who smoked pot "on the reg"?

It MAY not be a "gateway" to using other drugs but it certainly is not a gateway to intelligence... There is a reason that stoners are burnt, and that reason is pot. Everything put into your body has an effect, and the cumulative effects of pot certainly do not appear to be increased cognitive abilities.

If you ever wonder why potheads do painfully obvious stupid actions, just smoke some pot, you will be instantly enlightened.

I don't care if anyone wants to drugs, weed included. But whenever I hear someone "championing" legalizing pot, I just think that they are hiding behind a vice. They like getting high, or drunk, or tweaking or whatever the kids call it these days. Legalizing more of these mind altering substances will only cause more public issues. Pain pills and anxiety meds have already proven this.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ever met or talked to someone who smoked pot "on the reg"?

It MAY not be a "gateway" to using other drugs but it certainly is not a gateway to intelligence... There is a reason that stoners are burnt, and that reason is pot. Everything put into your body has an effect, and the cumulative effects of pot certainly do not appear to be increased cognitive abilities.

If you ever wonder why potheads do painfully obvious stupid actions, just smoke some pot, you will be instantly enlightened.

I don't care if anyone wants to drugs, weed included. But whenever I hear someone "championing" legalizing pot, I just think that they are hiding behind a vice. They like getting high, or drunk, or tweaking or whatever the kids call it these days. Legalizing more of these mind altering substances will only cause more public issues. Pain pills and anxiety meds have already proven this.

Yes, I've talked to many people who smoke pot "on the reg." I've also talked to many people who drink alcohol "on the reg." The pot smoker is a lot more functional than a drinker. If you don't support legalizing marijuana because it is a mind altering substance, logic would dictate you support making alcohol illegal for the same reason.

As far as "just smoke some pot, you will be instantly enlightened," no. Nobody will smoke their first blunt and be instantly transformed into someone who does painfully obviously stupid things.

It should be legal in the way alcohol is legal. I'm not hiding behind any vice. I'm saying that from my personal experience with people who occasionally and regularly smoke pot. Pot use, and all drug use for that matter, should be a health issue and not a legal issue. The people who really need help with the hard stuff don't always get that help because of legal issues. Some are afraid to get help because they think they'll end up in jail.

Top Bottom