Where do you shop for C&R guns?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mathuselah

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    New Orleans, LA
    I'm looking for a fairly specific rifle (the Ishapore 2A or 2A1, the .308 version of the WW2 Enfield) but I don't see it much. It might come up once at a gun show for an exorbitant price. Besides BayouShooter, Royal Tiger, GunBroker and gun shows, are there any places y'all look when you're hunting for a particular gun?

gunshow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Westwego
    Hello check out Mrs Terry at Treasure Hunt Arms in Luling maybe she can locate one for you.The shop is no longer there but she is at all the gunshows.

Last edited:

mathuselah

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    New Orleans, LA

That is a beautiful Enfield (I never thought I'd go pre-ww1, but that's pretty tempting), but not the type I'm looking for. I'm looking for this one:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishapore_2A1_rifle

- - - Updated - - -

https://empirearms.com/

Get on his mailing list - he puts out what he has in inventory with good photos, and reasonable prices. He "don't do junk"!

Great, done! Thanks!

gunshow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Westwego
    I'm looking for a fairly specific rifle (the Ishapore 2A or 2A1, the .308 version of the WW2 Enfield) but I don't see it much. It might come up once at a gun show for an exorbitant price. Besides BayouShooter, Royal Tiger, GunBroker and gun shows, are there any places y'all look when you're hunting for a particular gun?
    Treasure Hunt Arms Luling La Mrs Terry she is at all the gun shows near New Orleans

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    You might check this one from time to time

I bought a few from Simpson's, They give good descriptions, you can call and someone will get the gun in question and give a better evaluation, at least they were doing that several years back. I also orderd quite a few from Alans Armory, Alan Schisel down in I think Lakeland Fla, I have not seen any emails from him recently so think he has retired. I got one of my nicest sporters from him a Husqvarna M46 in 9.3x57, with a beautiful french walnut stock. He did something to try to ensure credit card security, he would have you send part of the account number via one email and the remainder via another with no mention that it was credit card info.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom