Gluing kydex

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    No cracks. I have an IWB appendix carry holster with the belt clip located over the trigger guard. It tends to rotate forward into my pants because of the clip location. I want to add a small hook over the slide that hooks over my belt to prevent the forward tilt. I can't use any screws or rivets because it would scrape the slide. It is not for retention just to prevent the forward tilt.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bla...5b&gclid=CN21xcDkke0CFYTeDQodR1EBpA&gclsrc=ds

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    No cracks. I have an IWB appendix carry holster with the belt clip located over the trigger guard. It tends to rotate forward into my pants because of the clip location. I want to add a small hook over the slide that hooks over my belt to prevent the forward tilt. I can't use any screws or rivets because it would scrape the slide. It is not for retention just to prevent the forward tilt.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bla...5b&gclid=CN21xcDkke0CFYTeDQodR1EBpA&gclsrc=ds

That's likely occurring due to the clip itself being larger than your belt. Gluing a clip on will not help and it will not hold. You would benefit from a clip that first your belt better than the Blade Tech clip.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    About 4 bucks at Walmart. The adhesive sealant is what you want for a strong bond. I’ve used this stuff on more things than I can count over the years and it’s amazing. Rough up the area and clean with alcohol or other degreasing agent for best bond.
    Also, I’ve noticed that anywhere you can drill a few small holes (or use existing holes)and force the adhesive through while squeezing the parts together will hold a lot more secure. This silicone adhesive sets up like real rubber no matter how thick it’s applied and you literally have to cut it to remove it from surfaces.

Attachments

• 2E917018-3540-4E37-8FEB-123AE8233B8B.jpeg
      2E917018-3540-4E37-8FEB-123AE8233B8B.jpeg
      63.6 KB · Views: 169
    Last edited:

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you are good with a Dremel tool you can make an appendage using Bondo.

There is also a plastic repair / model putty that can be shaped. I think it’s a Super Glue brand product. The hobby store near Academy on Airline in BR has it, plus Hobby Lobby and Michael’s. It’s in the plastic model section in some stores and adhesives aisle in others

Sand smooth and paint to match.

Last edited:

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Thanks for the info. I made a hook from a piece of hose clamp and used 3M super mounting tape to attach it to the holster. It does what I wanted it to do.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Going up a quality notch into the $55-75 neighborhood will make a huge difference. BladeTech makes great competition holsters, but there are others that have better IWB designs, particularly for appendix carry.

Everything’s on sale right now for Black Friday so not a bad time to be holster shopping. The Henry Flint is $55 right now and that’s a helluva holster. Phlster Classic at $60 is great. Vedder Lighttuck with a claw at $53 not a bad third choice.

Swapping the stock plastic clip for a DCC clip will make a big difference in the interim.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Going up a quality notch into the $55-75 neighborhood will make a huge difference. BladeTech makes great competition holsters, but there are others that have better IWB designs, particularly for appendix carry.

Everything’s on sale right now for Black Friday so not a bad time to be holster shopping. The Henry Flint is $55 right now and that’s a helluva holster. Phlster Classic at $60 is great. Vedder Lighttuck with a claw at $53 not a bad third choice.

Swapping the stock plastic clip for a DCC clip will make a big difference in the interim.

I looked at the 3 you suggested. I liked the Henry Flint the best but it isn't available for G19, only the G43. I like the molded in wedge and dual retention straps. If it was available for the G19 I would buy it.
    The Phliser has the clip over the trigger guard and would tend to rotate forward just as the Blade Tech does. It also has a molded in wedge.
    The Vedder has the clip centrally located and it might eliminate the rotation problem but no wedge. The hook I added to the Blade Tech accomplishes the same thing.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    For EDC, I don't think I would trust any modifications to a holster, especially an IWB holster. They depend on being secured to your belt when you draw your weapon. You don't want to draw your weapon, and have the holster stay on the gun because the belt attachment failed. Some very knowledgeable members here have suggested some excellent IWB holsters, and I would go with something that fits your comfort zone better than trying to alter anything on your existing holster. Just my opinion, YMMV.

Last edited:

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    For EDC, I don't think I would trust any modifications to a holster, especially an IWB holster. They depend on being secured to your belt when you draw your weapon. You don't want to draw your weapon, and have the holster stay on the gun because the belt attachment failed. Some very knowledgeable members here have suggested some excellent IWB holsters, and I would go with something that fits your comfort zone better than trying to alter anything on your existing holster. Just my opinion, YMMV.

I Second that suggestion.
    My personal choice would be a new belt or a different holster.

It seems like I’m reading more ND reports lately, often blamed on holstering / drawing issues. Plus, if a weapon slips, the natural inclination is to grab it.

There have been some great recommendations on several BS threads of shops that will make a kydex to order.

I use appendix from time-to-time, but the idea of inserting a ready-to-go weapon in a (non-factory) modified holster in that area makes me nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom