Holosun 509T

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Does anybody have one? I’m looking for first hand experience. Aaron Cowan from Sage Dynamics had really good things to say about it and even preferred it to the Aimpoint ACRO.
    a7a57cba4d4fca21313681ca8f7d1187.jpg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSh3Ui44osU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Well fine then. I ordered one, and I’ll post a few pics and opinions when it comes in if anyone is interested in this site.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Well I received mine. It appeared to be very well built and was smaller and more lightweight than I expected. It is a bit different than using a “traditional” micro RDS with the single glass. For some reason it wasn’t as easy to focus on the dot(I know your suppose to focus on the target etc but easiest way to explain) vs the traditional one. I also am not as fond of the eotech style reticle on a pistol. I love my eotech on a rifle but it’s a little busy for me on a handgun. I’m sure all of these are complaints that can be remedied with practice but not so sure it’s worth the time versus just sticking with the traditional. I will say I am impressed with the quality and clarity of the dot and I think the solar panel is a nice touch.

028306bd6dd180923c00337e86223fa1.jpg

GearFondler

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    Pearl River, LA
    You should be able to change the reticle to just the dot if the 32moa circle is too much.
    I'm interested in the 509 but I won't jump in until I try one out first because it's unique footprint leaves one stuck with it unless you have a plate system like MOS.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You should be able to change the reticle to just the dot if the 32moa circle is too much.
    I'm interested in the 509 but I won't jump in until I try one out first because it's unique footprint leaves one stuck with it unless you have a plate system like MOS.

Yeah I was able to change it to the dot. I was just giving my opinion on it. Some of the models Holosun sells comes with just the dot instead of the multi reticle for less money. I’d buy the cheaper one personally. Holosun ships it with an RMR adapter so if you have an MOS you will have to buy an adapter.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom