ATF says pistol braces are NFA items

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    I certainly fell for the ATF brace ban scare. But the bottom line is that ATF should not be able to regulate any arms components per Second Amendment. Hence: "..Shall Not Be Infringed." That includes bump stocks etc. etc. If I live to see the day when simple minds stop believing banning "things" will stop stop crime, I will reach enlightenment.. I have studied causation for years and analysis of systems, and you must understand that until we recognize the cause of crime and deter it, we are working towards a fantasy in enacting laws to ban and prohibit "dangerous" items. Humanity is inherently plagued with imperfection and sin, to take away the thing that makes us good or bad is treading beyond the divine and taking away our humanity. If we protect our communities and offer help to those who need it, we can minimize crime and tragedy. The open borders nonsense is the dumbest concept of the century, and clearly has been orchestrated by those who wish to destroy our nations sovereignty and greatness. Do not fall for those who promise security without investing in the mechanisms which truly keep us safe: policing, border security, defense, and offense. Democrats gun control is just a ponzi scheme in which we trade freedom for little to no benefit, especially in the long term where organized crime and bad actors will reign supreme over our vulnerable unarmed populations as seen in Mexico and other nations with systemic violent crime.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I think it’s like I said, SB failed by not sending the ATF a copy of each brace for them to play with and they’re in a tiff because they believe somebody did something without permission.
    All this posturing only convinced me to go buy a few more, especially since the prices are falling.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Stopped watching after 5 minutes of Chicken Little. Why not just show us the letter?

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I certainly fell for the ATF brace ban scare. But the bottom line is that ATF should not be able to regulate any arms components per Second Amendment. Hence: "..Shall Not Be Infringed." That includes bump stocks etc. etc. If I live to see the day when simple minds stop believing banning "things" will stop stop crime, I will reach enlightenment.. I have studied causation for years and analysis of systems, and you must understand that until we recognize the cause of crime and deter it, we are working towards a fantasy in enacting laws to ban and prohibit "dangerous" items. Humanity is inherently plagued with imperfection and sin, to take away the thing that makes us good or bad is treading beyond the divine and taking away our humanity. If we protect our communities and offer help to those who need it, we can minimize crime and tragedy. The open borders nonsense is the dumbest concept of the century, and clearly has been orchestrated by those who wish to destroy our nations sovereignty and greatness. Do not fall for those who promise security without investing in the mechanisms which truly keep us safe: policing, border security, defense, and offense. Democrats gun control is just a ponzi scheme in which we trade freedom for little to no benefit, especially in the long term where organized crime and bad actors will reign supreme over our vulnerable unarmed populations as seen in Mexico and other nations with systemic violent crime.
    I agree banning guns or components of guns does not and will not ever reduce crime. Two prime examples the UK and Chicago. The UK banned basically every gun with the exception of certain shotguns and single shot rifles. Stabbings have almost tripled since. Chicago aka Chiraq. What more needs to be said about Chicago.

What really infuriates me is these gun laws don’t and will never take guns out of criminals hands. It takes guns out of law abiding citizens hands and empowers criminals. What really needs to be permanently banned and constitute sever prison time if broken is politicians who infringe on the constitution. They are the ones that need to go permanently.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    The UK banned basically every gun with the exception of certain shotguns and single shot rifles.

This part is not true. Check out this link for a Hunting Forum in the UK. They can own all kinds of bolt action, lever action, and single shot rifles that just about come standard with silencers on them.
    There are 6 species of deer to hunt in the United Kingdom that range in size from Chinese Water deer at around 20-50lbs to elk sized Red Stag with hunting season lengths that makes our seasons seem paltry in comparison not to mention bag limits. https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/
    You do have to get permissions for ownership of firearms and for land to hunt on but you can bag more game in one year than most of us can hunt in a lifetime especially on cull hunts. Silencers add about $200 to the price of your rifle with no NFA year long hurdles for ownership.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I read most of the letter. Seems if this holds up then the gig is up. Good thing is you will get an expedited free SBR stamp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    dont think they been knowing about this and flooded the market with the $80 braces before they were forced to close shop to not loose out there butts huh lol

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So they’ll start another registry out of the deal. And I wonder what that will entail. Stamp the stock or the lower? Or maybe the entire pistolriflenotagun? Because ain’t no way they’re gonna let you have one braced lower and 5 different uppers without committing a felony. So since they’re gonna call them SBR’s we can add a vertical grip to the front? Prolly have to get a stamp for that too...
    See what happens when you muck with the constitution?

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Like i said earlier... All this going on and where is the NRA????

In the atf's pocket thats where. They are like all the other coward republicans who wouldnt stand with trump with this bull crap election... The NRA doesnt stand for our rights.. That is why i would never give a penny to them, they are a corrupt orginization that isnt there for its paying or gun owning community...

show me one post from them that shows theres an issue with poly80's or braces and they stand with the people..

https://www.facebook.com/NRA/

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If people didn’t see this coming then they are blind.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    i guess this is as good as a time as any to tell yall about my boating trip the other day.... it was horrible, waves took over the ship before i could salvage anything... im still trying to get a list of everything i had on the boat that went down.... Im pretty sure a few of you fellas were with me:chuckles: which is why my boat was overloaded. :mamoru:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    i guess this is as good as a time as any to tell yall about my boating trip the other day.... it was horrible, waves took over the ship before i could salvage anything... im still trying to get a list of everything i had on the boat that went down.... Im pretty sure a few of you fellas were with me:chuckles: which is why my boat was overloaded. :mamoru:

I wonder if JCcypress can notorize this statement for me:noes:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I read most of the letter. Seems if this holds up then the gig is up. Good thing is you will get an expedited free SBR stamp

"Finally, this notice previews ATF’s and the Department of Justice’s plan to subsequently implement a separate process for current possessors of stabilizer-equipped firearms to choose to register such firearms in compliance with the NFA, including an expedited application process and the retroactive exemption of such firearms from the collection of NFA taxes."

"retroactive exemption of such firearms from the collection of NFA taxes"? Does that mean they're not going to require a $200 payment?

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    "Finally, this notice previews ATF’s and the Department of Justice’s plan to subsequently implement a separate process for current possessors of stabilizer-equipped firearms to choose to register such firearms in compliance with the NFA, including an expedited application process and the retroactive exemption of such firearms from the collection of NFA taxes."

"retroactive exemption of such firearms from the collection of NFA taxes"? Does that mean they're not going to require a $200 payment?

as far as i understand... they will have a certin window that they will excuse the tax stamp if you add it to your nfa reg... but for how long and when i dont know... makes me wish i had a lot more pistols to do for free lol, but there was that boating mishap the other day

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So I’m guessing you lost all those guns I let you borrow too? When were you gonna tell me about this? Oh dear Lord...

Top Bottom