ATF says pistol braces are NFA items

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    It’s just a piece of plastic like bump stocks and pmags. Who cares? I can’t believe the fully semi auto push pull triggers are still legal. This is just the beginning. Oh by the way handguns are responsible for most gun violence and believe me they know it. It’s just a matter of time but the frog has been in the pot for decades and the heat is being turned up at a rapid pace right now and it might be a bit too late to jump out. Remember this is *our guy* in office while all this is happening. Just think what’s to come when our guy is gone. But I know I’m preaching to the choir.

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I don't think it has been determined as of yet. The ATF may be taking a look at them, but have not outlawed them as of yet. Also, on the video he comments / speculates as to why they are getting looked at now. He has no clue as to why, or even if it has been officially determined as of yet. He should have NEVER made and posted that video.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    It's getting looked at now because Biden is about to be coronated. Any rules about just putting a rubber cap on the end of the buffer tube and doing away with the brace?
    I don't have an AR15 pistol but am curious. To me a short barrel AR pistol just makes it a glorified 22 Mag/Hornet since it reduces the velocity so much in the abbreviated barrel.

Last edited:

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington
    It's getting looked at now because Biden is about to be coronated. Any rules about just putting a rubber cap on the end of the buffer tube and doing away with the brace?
    I don't have an AR15 pistol but am curious. To me a short barrel AR pistol just makes it a glorified 22 Mag/Hornet since it reduces the velocity so much in the abbreviated barrel.

2800 fps with 55gr out of the 10.5 is still cooking along pretty good, lose about 100 fps per inch after but for max reliability longevity of wear items I recommend 10.5-11.5 for pistols chambered in 5.56. 300blk is another animal completely and of course all the multitude of chambers for the ar based platform such as 9mm ect, so they can be very useful in various applications

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    All AR type guns are not .5.56/.223 . They can be anything from 22lr to 50 cal. A lot of which don't gain much if any with long barrels . A 6.8 12.5" shooting a 105 grain at 2500 is better than a 5.56 out of a 20" barrel .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    All AR type guns are not .5.56/.223 . They can be anything from 22lr to 50 cal. A lot of which don't gain much if any with long barrels . A 6.8 12.5" shooting a 105 grain at 2500 is better than a 5.56 out of a 20" barrel .

Yup. My little 10mm ain’t suffering no velocity loss from a 10 inch barrel for sure.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Ya, my 10mm/45acp/45 Super may gain 2-300fps in my Aero 16.5" over a pistol. I figure maybe the 460 Rowland will gain more. Probably not as much as a 44 Magnum in a pistol vs. a rifle, 1250fps vs. 1750fps for a gain of 500 fps. I also shoot 6.8, 7.62x39. 300blk, and 556 in AR's as well.
    I see on Ballistics by the inch where they are getting 2600-2700fps with a 55gr bullet in a 10 " barrel which is 22 Hornet territory. 7" barrels in the 2200fps range which is a bit greater than 22 Maggot. Didn't mean to give everybody the Red-ass.
    Now about those foam covered buffer tubes with a rubber cap, still legal on the pistolas and not called an arm brace/stock and not an NFA item? Also wondering about the MCK Roni arm brace adapters for Glock and other pistols.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    When the braces disappear there needs to be a new product that can be attached on the end of the tube to prevent the pistol from slipping while standing vertical. Have you ever tried to stand a pistol against a wall? We all know that a falling gun is very dangerous. Maybe Crocks can develop a non-slip tube slipper. It’s a safety feature, designed to keep the children safe of course.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    When the braces disappear there needs to be a new product that can be attached on the end of the tube to prevent the pistol from slipping while standing vertical. Have you ever tried to stand a pistol against a wall? We all know that a falling gun is very dangerous. Maybe Crocks can develop a non-slip tube slipper. It’s a safety feature, designed to keep the children safe of course.

You can go to walgreens and pick up replacement rubber walker tips.

71j3hdULVJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    There was one manufactured for the kak brace but they outlawed it because it made it easy to shoulder .

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    One things for sure... people are dumping braces and ar pistols like it’s Black Friday again... I can only hope all the people buying the used ones are people who want to stand up for a cause and all the people getting rid of them are the ones that wouldn’t lift a finger to speak up on it... before and during the elections you couldn’t get one for 2x the price... now it’s dump city lol

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    One things for sure... people are dumping braces and ar pistols like it’s Black Friday again... I can only hope all the people buying the used ones are people who want to stand up for a cause and all the people getting rid of them are the ones that wouldn’t lift a finger to speak up on it... before and during the elections you couldn’t get one for 2x the price... now it’s dump city lol

Never owned either 1 or that bumpie-stock thingy,But you're correct,They are scared they will be S.O.L. if these dealeos become/when added to the confiscation list

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I feel much the same.

I’ll be the one rocking a tennis ball on my AR pistol buffer tube...
    I hope they don’t like it.

Attachments

• 807450AF-B689-46B3-B426-FE08A3E13387.jpg
      807450AF-B689-46B3-B426-FE08A3E13387.jpg
      236.2 KB · Views: 72
    Last edited:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I feel much the same.

I’ll be the one rocking a tennis ball on my AR pistol buffer tube...
    I hope they don’t like it.

If it matches the tennis balls on your walker, you can claim it as a fashion accessory under the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom