Ammo Shortage

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I do have 2 boxes at the house, we changed scopes and sighted it in.....13 year old son kept reloading his Tikka T3 243 and shooting swing targets at 200 yards.....having a ball but depleting my 243 stash! I can't say I blame him, that rifle is funnnnnnn to shoot! So we will just get through this hunting season and load up on 243 when the price/availability are good. I'm good with everything else.

Funny that he wouldn't scoop up 100gr., 75 or 80 is a 243 Varmint load - the 100 grain would do the trick just as well.

Yeah for real,I would of sold it to him for 10 bucks,I did find another 15 rds of extremely nasty stuff,Winchester 95 grain ballistic tips,The ones that blow up 3 ways from Hades when the bullet hits dat bone !

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Been a long time but I recall the rifling twist of 243 is suited for 75-80 gr bullets, whereas 6mm/244 Rem has faster twist for the heavier bullets

I had an old Remington 7400 in 243,It was surprisingly one of the most accurate semi's I have ever shot.

Sold it off because of the weak bolt system's,Nothing was wrong with mine,If you keep it clean it ran just fine...

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Been a long time but I recall the rifling twist of 243 is suited for 75-80 gr bullets, whereas 6mm/244 Rem has faster twist for the heavier bullets

Just the opposite, the Remington 6mm had a slower twist starting off with and was named the 244 Remington in the beginning and would stabilize up to 90gr bullets. Later they changed it to a 1:9 twist but the 243 had became more popular already with it's 1:10 twist that would stabilize the 100gr bullets used for deer hunting. The 6mm Rem never caught up and was discontinued later.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    If you don’t think about it the time will pass quicker.

First time in my life I’ve ever loaded 9mm. 4400 rounds of 115gr and I loaded 500 rounds of 124gr subs just because. Now I’m just waiting for another 1500 bullets. Trying to keep it to jacketed ammo.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Hey Magdump I'm trying to decide a price for empty CCI small pistol trays and covers,Wadda think 10 bucks each?
    I mean a fellow could scratch and sniff em or just cradle these in his arms,Hows about it?
    Lol, I dumped one of those on the floor late one night last week. Kinda worried about what’s gonna be one of the wife’s vacuum cleaner if I missed some. Maybe I should set up some video in my gun room before she gets in there.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Lol, I dumped one of those on the floor late one night last week. Kinda worried about what’s gonna be one of the wife’s vacuum cleaner if I missed some. Maybe I should set up some video in my gun room before she gets in there.

Dump the contents of that vacuum cleaner in the garbage, Reassembly, Start vacuuming yourself, You'll know when a primer hits that baby, Lots of rattling as it goes up the tube.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Dump the contents of that vacuum cleaner in the garbage, Reassembly, Start vacuuming yourself, You'll know when a primer hits that baby, Lots of rattling as it goes up the tube.
    The rattling ain’t what I’m worried about.
    ....on second thought, maybe I’ll just let fate take care of things. Maybe she don’t need to be in there so much.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom