Ammo Shortage

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Picked up a TX 22 today at Academy. I was shocked to see it in stock. Now I can save all my other precious metals and shoot .22 for days without worry lol. Also got some .45acp Winchester 230gr and some .22lr Winchester Super X. Surprisingly they had all this in store at around 1pm when I went to buy the TX 22

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

1,000 rounds of 9mm fmj for $1,099. Seems like a pretty good deal I might just place an order.

Man that hurt my wallet just joking about it lol. I wonder how many people actually purchased that specific order. I stumbled across a video on YouTube a few weeks back of a woman who was a new gun owner. She did an unboxing video of the 500 rounds of 9mm fmj and 100 rounds of jhp and her total for that order was right under $700. Almost every other comment was from people sending her links for cheaper ammo and telling her how she got ripped off. I felt bad for the lady because she obviously didn’t know any better and was so happy to receive her order. Crazy times man. I’ll get a slingshot before I start paying $1 a round

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    1,000 rounds of 9mm fmj for $1,099. Seems like a pretty good deal I might just place an order.

Man that hurt my wallet just joking about it lol. I wonder how many people actually purchased that specific order. I stumbled across a video on YouTube a few weeks back of a woman who was a new gun owner. She did an unboxing video of the 500 rounds of 9mm fmj and 100 rounds of jhp and her total for that order was right under $700. Almost every other comment was from people sending her links for cheaper ammo and telling her how she got ripped off. I felt bad for the lady because she obviously didn’t know any better and was so happy to receive her order. Crazy times man. I’ll get a slingshot before I start paying $1 a round

:rofl:Want to see crazy azz prices,Go to gunbroker,com !!!

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    No need to camp out at 4am. I stop by at 8:55am. On the days my local academy gets trucks I just go in to the office later than usual and run in and out. Theirs always a line and I’m usually one of the last people walking up but with the 3 box limits and now some academy’s are doing 3 boxes total regardless of caliber theirs usually enough to go around. At 1pm or actually closer to 2pm when I actually checked out they still had a good bit of pistol calibers, 5.56, and .22lr left over

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Show me those dates and prices.

These prices are similar to what they were in 2007-2008 when Obama was running/elected.

I saw DPMS Oracles for $1500 and 223/556 was up to $0.80/rd

There was a good supply, but prices were high. Gun shows were overflowing. The only reason you don’t see packed shows now is because of COVID-19. It’s also why you see online retailers have been cleaned out.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    These prices are similar to what they were in 2007-2008 when Obama was running/elected.

I saw DPMS Oracles for $1500 and 223/556 was up to $0.80/rd

There was a good supply, but prices were high. Gun shows were overflowing. The only reason you don’t see packed shows now is because of COVID-19. It’s also why you see online retailers have been cleaned out.

I have never seen FMJ or JHP handgun ammunition as high as it is today.

Jlong1691

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2020
    Denham Springs

Same 20 years in the industry, and I have never seen prices on Ammo this way. AR's yes, ammo, no. Never been as hard to get as it is now. Every manufacturer I speak with sings the same song. PRIMERS, they are all bidding for primers, which is driving cost of manufacture up incredibly high.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

I have and know people that have bought it.

Same 20 years in the industry, and I have never seen prices on Ammo this way. AR's yes, ammo, no. Never been as hard to get as it is now. Every manufacturer I speak with sings the same song. PRIMERS, they are all bidding for primers, which is driving cost of manufacture up incredibly high.

What manufacturers are "bidding for primers?" I know Federal/CCI/Speer make their own and Sig started to do the same. I would imagine there are some manufacturers that source primers, but I would also be inclined to believe it's the smaller manufacturers.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I feel like my dad when he would say, *I remember when I could go to the movies and buy a drink and popcorn for a nickel and get change back*.

Top Bottom