My Turn To Rant

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I understand what's going on in the market doesn't fit into the definition of "gouging" per say, but it kinda feels like it. I've been trading and selling firearms for 30 years. I do it because I love the hobby. I like to shoot different guns and finger f them awhile. Ill keep the ones I really like and pass on the ones I don't. My motto was to never really sell something more than I paid for it. If I get a good deal on it initially I pass those savings on. Having said that...I have taken some real beatings on guns over the years. It's part of the hobby. I have a real job....I don't use this hobby to make 50, 100, 200 hundred bucks on some guy that could easily be me. If this is your primary business than fine...I understand you need to make a living. If you're just a regular dude like me who doesn't need it to make a profit then pump the brakes. Some of these ridiculous asking prices are really laughable. Sorry....let me get down off my box.

I have particular disdain for individuals who purchase blue label Glocks and then sell them for more then the blue label price. That program is not what it’s intended for.... you sir are a scumbag

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I agree - some of the "sale" prices for used weapons are in line with a brand new weapon. BUT, if Glock is willing to sell their firearms for a lower cost than what you can normally buy them for that is on them, as a consumer I'd buy a resale blue label if were cheaper than a regular sale price, that's just the nature of capitalism. I agree that they are abusing the program but that is Glock's problem.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Buying a firearm specifically with the intention to sell it at a profit brings up some legal issues.

Other than that, I don’t care if people sell things they own for a profit.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    If someone is buying firearms at a program discount with the intent to resell, they should be banned from the program, and probably dismissed from their department for an ethics violation. If they do it repeatedly, they should be arrested for dealing firearms without an FFL.

Free market is a free market, however, and prices are exactly where they should be.

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    We've been here before with Clinton, Obama, etc. Hopefully, this surge in demand will pass and ammo & gun prices will return to normal. Anybody remember the pre-ban / post-ban shenanigans with Clinton? Occasionally, I will still see an AR advertised as 'pre-ban' and cringe at the way things used to be.

There is usually an ebb & flow with guns, ammo, and magazines. Buy when the prices are favorable & sell as desired.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I agree about buying and selling for profit. Very small percentage of folks here are dealers in the professional term. However, prices are what they are, a product of supply and demand. I’ve paid more for a few firearms and related items over the past few months from members and retailers alike. I didn’t need any of it, but they were on my bucket list or build list or what have you and none of it was readily available. I had to ask our members for what I couldn’t find online and they had to consider what price was worth letting something go during uncertain times. I was glad to get the pistols and shotguns that I was looking for. Thanks guys. I sold about 8k rounds of 9mm and 5k rounds of 5.56 at .50 and .60 per round respectively and those folks seemed to be in a hurry to get it. It was quality ammo from my stash that I parted with against my better judgement when the little that is available costs more. I do see a few guns and ammo ads here with what I’d consider to be high prices, but that retail tho.
    I understand the frustration, but I don’t agree that there’s a bunch of gouging going on at BayouShooter. I’ve said it a few times already, now is not the time to buy what you needed last year when prices were way better. Better than now. As good as they were gonna get. And the kicker is, if I shake my head and walk away from a buy on a pistol that’s $100 higher than the one I saw last November, there’s a guy behind me clutching a wad of cash and gritting his teeth hoping I’ll walk away so he can score what he wants.
    Good rant tho. We hear you.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Aww man,Boo Hoo Boo Hoo, I put dat sausage to anyone on here with no lube,Not even the customary spit !!!

Just look at all my ammo and gun sales I have on here....Oh snap,Ain't got anything in the way of guns for sale?

Or real ammo,Just a few 243 projectiles....Nevermind

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    Aww man,Boo Hoo Boo Hoo, I put dat sausage to anyone on here with no lube,Not even the customary spit !!!

Just look at all my ammo and gun sales I have on here....Oh snap,Ain't got anything in the way of guns for sale?

Or real ammo,Just a few 243 projectiles....Nevermind

Keep your sausage to yourself, lube or no lube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Always best to trade, that way price is not as much of a concern.

Stuff is worth what is sells for, the market drives the price. High supply and low demand equals lower prices. If you want to be able to buy stuff, that stuff needs to be selling so that the mfg can stay in business. When the demand outstrips the supply you should expect the prices to increase, especially on the secondary market.

As far as the constant nagging reminders go about "selling guns for profit"... lay off. No pro 2a patriot should give 2 sharts about some bs unconstitutional blatherings. Its your property people!!! Do whatever you want with it. Mind your own business, I bet it will benefit you!!

I could sell all of my gun stuff to Bill gates for 10 times its "value" and he would not even bat an eye at the cost. Taking advantage of someone implies that you (or i) somehow have the upper hand, so to speak, intellectually or otherwise. I generally consider that my fellow man is not a total idiot, and that thought process has led me to make many friends and successful transactions. Caveat emptor

Stonehenge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2016
    Slaughter
    Visited a gun shop yesterday, almost no ammo in stock but it was priced reasonably. Had lots of guns way over msrp. Louisiana has laws against gouging, especially during a "state of emergency".

If you're selling personal stuff its fine to sell it for what you think its worth as long as the buyer thinks so too. But retailers selling new stuff have laws to abide by, and I'm sure dealer contracts limiting mark-up.

Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    Supply + demand = price gouge.
    I don't agree with it either but I have seen it in grocery stores as well. I've stopped buying meats from certain locations because of it.
    It's disgusting!

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Visited a gun shop yesterday, almost no ammo in stock but it was priced reasonably. Had lots of guns way over msrp. Louisiana has laws against gouging, especially during a "state of emergency".

If you're selling personal stuff its fine to sell it for what you think its worth as long as the buyer thinks so too. But retailers selling new stuff have laws to abide by, and I'm sure dealer contracts limiting mark-up.
    This is not a " State of emergency " by definition .

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I could care less what someone sells something for. If they buy something for $1 and sell it for $100 good for them. I don’t complain about high prices or I’d be complaining all day long. If I think something is too expensive or overpriced I simply don’t buy it. If it’s something I really want I may spend a little more than I should to get it.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I have bought and sold guns, made and loss money, but it all boils down to what someone is willing to pay. Most of my guns are not stock and I'm not giving them away. If someone doesn't like my price, don't buy it. There are some a-holes on here trying to sell primers for $100/K and bullets over $1 a round. Some idiots are going to pay for them, me personally I hope he has to eat them MF's. I'm well stocked on primers and bullets so it doesn't effect me. Just got 6K from Precision Delta, and have a case coming from DG bullets. Ordered them Monday, shipped today.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom