Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Turn To Rant

Marksman

User Info Menu

My Turn To Rant

I understand what's going on in the market doesn't fit into the definition of "gouging" per say, but it kinda feels like it. I've been trading and selling firearms for 30 years. I do it because I love the hobby. I like to shoot different guns and finger f them awhile. Ill keep the ones I really like and pass on the ones I don't. My motto was to never really sell something more than I paid for it. If I get a good deal on it initially I pass those savings on. Having said that...I have taken some real beatings on guns over the years. It's part of the hobby. I have a real job....I don't use this hobby to make 50, 100, 200 hundred bucks on some guy that could easily be me. If this is your primary business than fine...I understand you need to make a living. If you're just a regular dude like me who doesn't need it to make a profit then pump the brakes. Some of these ridiculous asking prices are really laughable. Sorry....let me get down off my box.

I have particular disdain for individuals who purchase blue label Glocks and then sell them for more then the blue label price. That program is not what itís intended for.... you sir are a scumbag

Ready, Shoot, Aim!

User Info Menu

I agree - some of the "sale" prices for used weapons are in line with a brand new weapon. BUT, if Glock is willing to sell their firearms for a lower cost than what you can normally buy them for that is on them, as a consumer I'd buy a resale blue label if were cheaper than a regular sale price, that's just the nature of capitalism. I agree that they are abusing the program but that is Glock's problem.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Buying a firearm specifically with the intention to sell it at a profit brings up some legal issues.

Other than that, I don’t care if people sell things they own for a profit.

Marksman

User Info Menu

If someone is buying firearms at a program discount with the intent to resell, they should be banned from the program, and probably dismissed from their department for an ethics violation. If they do it repeatedly, they should be arrested for dealing firearms without an FFL.

Free market is a free market, however, and prices are exactly where they should be.
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Smarter than the average bear.

Marksman

User Info Menu

We've been here before with Clinton, Obama, etc. Hopefully, this surge in demand will pass and ammo & gun prices will return to normal. Anybody remember the pre-ban / post-ban shenanigans with Clinton? Occasionally, I will still see an AR advertised as 'pre-ban' and cringe at the way things used to be.

There is usually an ebb & flow with guns, ammo, and magazines. Buy when the prices are favorable & sell as desired.
    Walther P5 > H&K P7

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

I agree about buying and selling for profit. Very small percentage of folks here are dealers in the professional term. However, prices are what they are, a product of supply and demand. I’ve paid more for a few firearms and related items over the past few months from members and retailers alike. I didn’t need any of it, but they were on my bucket list or build list or what have you and none of it was readily available. I had to ask our members for what I couldn’t find online and they had to consider what price was worth letting something go during uncertain times. I was glad to get the pistols and shotguns that I was looking for. Thanks guys. I sold about 8k rounds of 9mm and 5k rounds of 5.56 at .50 and .60 per round respectively and those folks seemed to be in a hurry to get it. It was quality ammo from my stash that I parted with against my better judgement when the little that is available costs more. I do see a few guns and ammo ads here with what I’d consider to be high prices, but that retail tho.
    I understand the frustration, but I don’t agree that there’s a bunch of gouging going on at BayouShooter. I’ve said it a few times already, now is not the time to buy what you needed last year when prices were way better. Better than now. As good as they were gonna get. And the kicker is, if I shake my head and walk away from a buy on a pistol that’s $100 higher than the one I saw last November, there’s a guy behind me clutching a wad of cash and gritting his teeth hoping I’ll walk away so he can score what he wants.
    Good rant tho. We hear you.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Aww man,Boo Hoo Boo Hoo, I put dat sausage to anyone on here with no lube,Not even the customary spit !!!

Just look at all my ammo and gun sales I have on here....Oh snap,Ain't got anything in the way of guns for sale?

Or real ammo,Just a few 243 projectiles....Nevermind
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Aww man,Boo Hoo Boo Hoo, I put dat sausage to anyone on here with no lube,Not even the customary spit !!!

Just look at all my ammo and gun sales I have on here....Oh snap,Ain't got anything in the way of guns for sale?

Or real ammo,Just a few 243 projectiles....Nevermind
    Keep your sausage to yourself, lube or no lube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snipehunter7 View Post
    Keep your sausage to yourself, lube or no lube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Lol, that gator.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...