No Pay for .gov

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    Why in the world are our Governor and all other state politicians still getting paid while they shut down the state? I’d bet if they lost 7 months of salary, they would look at things a bit differently.
    Governor Edwards gets $130,000.00 annually + cars to drive, insurance paid, no fuel, no utility costs, no phone bill, no cable bill, etc.
    Of course he could care less that he is sending us to the poorhouse.
    He needs to go, real bad, real soon.
    I have sent numerous emails to his office, but of course no reply.
    What do you think?

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    This is his second term in office. He will be going in about four years. Removing him any sooner than that is a pipe dream. Your chance to get him out was the last governors election.

Pigman78

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 31, 2019
    Harahan, LA
    I agree, stand with your constituents who aren't getting paid, per your orders, and take zero salary. Show you are truly a "civil servant".

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I’m not a fan but technically he is still working when things are shut down. I’ve obviously never been a governor but I can assume it’s a pretty busy job regardless of what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jadams74

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2019
    Ponchatoula, Louisiana
    Same thing for federal politicians, mayors, city council........

Why in the world are our Governor and all other state politicians still getting paid while they shut down the state? I’d bet if they lost 7 months of salary, they would look at things a bit differently.
    Governor Edwards gets $130,000.00 annually + cars to drive, insurance paid, no fuel, no utility costs, no phone bill, no cable bill, etc.
    Of course he could care less that he is sending us to the poorhouse.
    He needs to go, real bad, real soon.
    I have sent numerous emails to his office, but of course no reply.
    What do you think?
    Same thing goes for federal politicians getting paid and going on vacation while the people suffer, mayors and city council members who are implementing these lockdowns and any sheriffs or police chiefs who are ordering their men to enforce these unconstitutional edicts! Every one of them took an oath to the Constitution and they are violating that oath.

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    I agree, I've been going through phases almost daily of getting worked up to the point of revolution inducing rage and then have to calm myself down. What pisses me off are these ORDERS they are passing out like they are a king or a boss or something. That's Grade A ******** is what that is!! Our ancestors fought and died in wars over less. Its Tyranny is what it is, I'm worried that if I and my fellows don't stand up to this now it isn't going away. I mean, there's no reason why these rules can't be voted on by a legislative body... we are 9 months into this ****, plenty of time to convene a legislature and do this the right way. There is zero excuse for the way we have been treated as citizens and we are well within our rights to forcibly remove the governor for violating our constitutional rights.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I agree, I've been going through phases almost daily of getting worked up to the point of revolution inducing rage and then have to calm myself down. What pisses me off are these ORDERS they are passing out like they are a king or a boss or something. That's Grade A ******** is what that is!! Our ancestors fought and died in wars over less. Its Tyranny is what it is, I'm worried that if I and my fellows don't stand up to this now it isn't going away. I mean, there's no reason why these rules can't be voted on by a legislative body... we are 9 months into this ****, plenty of time to convene a legislature and do this the right way. There is zero excuse for the way we have been treated as citizens and we are well within our rights to forcibly remove the governor for violating our constitutional rights.

Good Luck!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

I might throw up while I type this but here it goes. There are certain powers afforded to governors. These governors are elected and not appointed, so the majority of the voting citizens voted to allow him to be in charge of these powers. You are not going to remove a sitting governor by force, it has to happen during an election. If he had violated any laws then I’m pretty confident our AG would call him on it, they don’t have the best relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Oh ho ho man....
    And today he was shown on the local news that he had done nothing wrong against the protocol as he had just stood up from eating and you can not wear the mask while eating. Did not look like he was eating to me and he had turned his attention away from the dinner table. YEP do as I say not as I do. .............................................. drill sgt.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    His salary sure doesn't seem like a whole lot of money to put up with a the BS he has to deal with. I am no fan but I would think a governor would make more.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    And today he was shown on the local news that he had done nothing wrong against the protocol as he had just stood up from eating and you can not wear the mask while eating. Did not look like he was eating to me and he had turned his attention away from the dinner table. YEP do as I say not as I do. .............................................. drill sgt.
    Yeah, that sounds like damage control right there. Uh, nice save Mr Governor.......NOT!

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Baton Rouge Mayor made $171,634.89 in 2017. But she does a wonderful job.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom