Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: No Pay for .gov

Certified Gun Nut

User Info Menu

No Pay for .gov

Why in the world are our Governor and all other state politicians still getting paid while they shut down the state? Iíd bet if they lost 7 months of salary, they would look at things a bit differently.
    Governor Edwards gets $130,000.00 annually + cars to drive, insurance paid, no fuel, no utility costs, no phone bill, no cable bill, etc.
    Of course he could care less that he is sending us to the poorhouse.
    He needs to go, real bad, real soon.
    I have sent numerous emails to his office, but of course no reply.
    What do you think?

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Needs a raise

Raise off his azz and vacate the capital for starters.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

tacklebox

User Info Menu

Damn sure doesn't make sense!
    Elected officials are civil servants. They work for us!

How can we pay them when we're not being paid!
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself.
    - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good"

-George Washington

Marksman

User Info Menu

This is his second term in office. He will be going in about four years. Removing him any sooner than that is a pipe dream. Your chance to get him out was the last governors election.

User Info Menu

I agree, stand with your constituents who aren't getting paid, per your orders, and take zero salary. Show you are truly a "civil servant".

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

That salary he and many other politicians/government officials take in is peanuts compared to the other they receive for other...
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

User Info Menu

Iím not a fan but technically he is still working when things are shut down. Iíve obviously never been a governor but I can assume itís a pretty busy job regardless of whatís going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

On Target

User Info Menu

Same thing for federal politicians, mayors, city council........

Quote Originally Posted by PAPACHUCK View Post
    Why in the world are our Governor and all other state politicians still getting paid while they shut down the state? Iíd bet if they lost 7 months of salary, they would look at things a bit differently.
    Governor Edwards gets $130,000.00 annually + cars to drive, insurance paid, no fuel, no utility costs, no phone bill, no cable bill, etc.
    Of course he could care less that he is sending us to the poorhouse.
    He needs to go, real bad, real soon.
    I have sent numerous emails to his office, but of course no reply.
    What do you think?
    Same thing goes for federal politicians getting paid and going on vacation while the people suffer, mayors and city council members who are implementing these lockdowns and any sheriffs or police chiefs who are ordering their men to enforce these unconstitutional edicts! Every one of them took an oath to the Constitution and they are violating that oath.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    I’m not a fan but technically he is still working when things are shut down. I’ve obviously never been a governor but I can assume it’s a pretty busy job regardless of what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    10% Cut is the normal graff for La Governors unless that's changed?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I agree, I've been going through phases almost daily of getting worked up to the point of revolution inducing rage and then have to calm myself down. What pisses me off are these ORDERS they are passing out like they are a king or a boss or something. That's Grade A bullshit is what that is!! Our ancestors fought and died in wars over less. Its Tyranny is what it is, I'm worried that if I and my fellows don't stand up to this now it isn't going away. I mean, there's no reason why these rules can't be voted on by a legislative body... we are 9 months into this shit, plenty of time to convene a legislature and do this the right way. There is zero excuse for the way we have been treated as citizens and we are well within our rights to forcibly remove the governor for violating our constitutional rights.
    Last edited by Mannelite; December 2nd, 2020 at 04:16 PM.