Rifle slings 101

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    John Lovell is knowledgeable, but I personally don’t care for the way he slings his rifle. John’s sling setup is A way, not THE way. Slings are a personal thing. I avoid single point slings and prefer to set up my sling the way Mark does in the video below.

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Well now that we've seen how the Soy boys play Army and everything,Here's how real men use a sling on a real firearm....lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTsUaujfiB8

you forget your sarcasm font?

giphy.gif

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Lol, awesome Gator. I still have the little plastic army men positioned like that.
    They didn’t use single point slings back then either. I never really thought much of them. I think the swat movies must have made them look tacticool or something cuz I notice a lot of guys prefer to hook them on the rear of the receiver and call it slung. I never really left the 2 point line of slinging my rifle. I have used a few and some have held up better than others. I still have a 5.11 and a Vickers that have been great for a lot of use.

Btw, have you seen the pistol film from that series? It’s killer. 1911 goodness.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Lol, awesome Gator. I still have the little plastic army men positioned like that.
    They didn’t use single point slings back then either. I never really thought much of them. I think the swat movies must have made them look tacticool or something cuz I notice a lot of guys prefer to hook them on the rear of the receiver and call it slung. I never really left the 2 point line of slinging my rifle. I have used a few and some have held up better than others. I still have a 5.11 and a Vickers that have been great for a lot of use.

Btw, have you seen the pistol film from that series? It’s killer. 1911 goodness.

Hmm,interesting,No can't say I've seen the 1911 goodness clip,I'll go check it out after wifey gets off my case to cook....

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    After much experimentation I have settled on a 2 point attached mid rail and the receiver end plate. It is a Vickers type I custom made with 2" webbing across my back and 1" webbing ends and sewn on QD swivels. I used an Alice pack quick adjust slide.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom