Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Rifle slings 101

Watched this vid a few times over the past couple years and realized it might enlighten some folks. If youíre up in the air on a sling for your AR or other sport/defensive rifle, this guy shows some great basics and rationale.

https://youtu.be/rc1_APKxvu0
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

John Lovell is knowledgeable, but I personally don’t care for the way he slings his rifle. John’s sling setup is A way, not THE way. Slings are a personal thing. I avoid single point slings and prefer to set up my sling the way Mark does in the video below.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Well now that we've seen how the Soy boys play Army and everything,Here's how real men use a sling on a real firearm....lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTsUaujfiB8
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

master plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Well now that we've seen how the Soy boys play Army and everything,Here's how real men use a sling on a real firearm....lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTsUaujfiB8
    you forget your sarcasm font?

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Lol, awesome Gator. I still have the little plastic army men positioned like that.
    They didn’t use single point slings back then either. I never really thought much of them. I think the swat movies must have made them look tacticool or something cuz I notice a lot of guys prefer to hook them on the rear of the receiver and call it slung. I never really left the 2 point line of slinging my rifle. I have used a few and some have held up better than others. I still have a 5.11 and a Vickers that have been great for a lot of use.

Btw, have you seen the pistol film from that series? It’s killer. 1911 goodness.
    Last edited by Magdump; November 26th, 2020 at 08:42 AM.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by the dubshow View Post
    you forget your sarcasm font?

My bad...lol
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Lol, awesome Gator. I still have the little plastic army men positioned like that.
    They didn’t use single point slings back then either. I never really thought much of them. I think the swat movies must have made them look tacticool or something cuz I notice a lot of guys prefer to hook them on the rear of the receiver and call it slung. I never really left the 2 point line of slinging my rifle. I have used a few and some have held up better than others. I still have a 5.11 and a Vickers that have been great for a lot of use.

Btw, have you seen the pistol film from that series? It’s killer. 1911 goodness.
    Hmm,interesting,No can't say I've seen the 1911 goodness clip,I'll go check it out after wifey gets off my case to cook....

master plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    My bad...lol
    Its interesting to watch how much rifle form has evolved.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by the dubshow View Post
    Its interesting to watch how much rifle form has evolved.
    How much for the better is hugely debatable... Necklace slings arenít my thing though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

After much experimentation I have settled on a 2 point attached mid rail and the receiver end plate. It is a Vickers type I custom made with 2" webbing across my back and 1" webbing ends and sewn on QD swivels. I used an Alice pack quick adjust slide.
    Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool
    Everyone is brave until the roach flies