Suitable replacement for Romeo on my x5?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I got a few Burris fastfire 3s. Shot it on a pistol today and have one on an ar pistol. They can be found $150-200. Check academy. Oh make Sure there is a red dot in the box before you leave... ask me how I know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    If you have an X-Five with a Romeo1, it has a Romeo1 footprint and won’t fit other optics. You will need an adapter plate for whatever optic you choose.

IMO, the Fastfire series isn’t worth buying. From my experience it is one of the cheaper made optics. Vortex has a good warranty, but their MRDS are not much better than the Romeo1 that you’re sending back. The RomeoZero posted above won’t fit your slide either. It has the RMS-c footprint.

The Holosun 407C and 507C are excellent optics for the price. Both will fit your slide with an adapter plate.

If you want to spend more money, you can have the slide modified for a Delta Point Pro or use an adapter for a Trijicon SRO or RMR.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I got a few Burris fastfire 3s. Shot it on a pistol today and have one on an ar pistol. They can be found $150-200. Check academy. Oh make Sure there is a red dot in the box before you leave... ask me how I know!

I second the Burris FF3s, I have two on pistols. One on a Canik SFX with a couple thousand 9mm rounds thru it so far without a single issue.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom