Came home to this

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    After a month wait they finally came in. I have always enjoyed tinkering... Cars, bikes and RC's. This will be my first time with a firearm. Watched a couple vids and it seems easy enough. Though I've jumped into some big "oh ****" holes when doing something easy to my cars.lol

I'm hoping no welding machines, hammers and duct tape will be needed tonite!

Attachments

• 1127202026_HDR.jpg
      1127202026_HDR.jpg
      221.2 KB · Views: 487

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Went in really easy...as expected. A bit bummed out that my stock mags don't seem to work to well with the metal mag release. They go in fine but when i got to release they dont fall out. You have to pull them out. The stock ones do pop out when empty....so i guess thats all that matters.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Would they drop out if you had boolits in them?
    No i wouldn't. Was just making a comment on what I noticed was different after the install.
    Is it the OEM mags or the Shield mags that won't drop free. If it is the Shield mags, search youtube for an easy fix

It is the stock glock mags that won't drop when loaded. The shield arms didn't drop to well the first few times but now are ok.

I'm going to the range now real quick to see if they work properly.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    After putting about 100 rounds through 2 shield arms and 1 glock magazine everything is working as it should. The shield mags are getting much easier to load. Not one hiccup using them so far.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Don’t use factory magazines with the aftermarket magazine release. It will chew them up over time.

What Dave M said.

Don't plan on using the stock mags much at all. I did read it will ruin them. Just wanted to see if they would work incase i ever needed them.

I didn't have much time. Put a quick 150 rounds between both my shield arm mags and everything worked as it should. Loading, putting them in and taking them out got much easier the more I used them.

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    I don't even own a glock, but if I did I wouldn't change a thing on it. They say they come from the factory in the "best pistol ever" configuration.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I don't even own a glock, but if I did I wouldn't change a thing on it. They say they come from the factory in the "best pistol ever" configuration.

I don't plan on changing anything to the gun itself. Though holding 5 more rounds in each magazine is an improvement.

I haven't shot much in about 15years, till now. I needed something to carry due to my work. I went with glock because I could get it under the blue label pricing due to me being a veteran. $359 for a 43x was something I couldn't pass up. Can't really compare it to anything else but I'm happy with it... It does what's needed.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Why on earth would someone want a metal mag catch? All that's going to do is inflict premature wear on whatever magazine is used.

I've owned dozens of Glocks and have put tens of thousands of rounds through them. Not once have I ever had a problem with the factory polymer magazine catch.

Mike

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Can't really compare it to anything else but I'm happy with it... It does what's needed.

Glock makes one of the best handguns on the market at any price. I know they're a bit ugly, but they are among the most reliable guns on the market. Glock service and support is also excellent. If you upgrade to a different gun, it's because you *wanted* it, not because of the Glock's performance.

I have guns that cost a *lot* more than my Glocks ... but when I put my pants and belt on in the morning, it's a holstered Glock that goes on next. If the unthinkable happens and I need it, that's the gun I'm going to trust to protect me and my family.

Mike

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Why on earth would someone want a metal mag catch? All that's going to do is inflict premature wear on whatever magazine is used.

I've owned dozens of Glocks and have put tens of thousands of rounds through them. Not once have I ever had a problem with the factory polymer magazine catch.

Mike

Because you need to use a metal magazine catch with metal magazines.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La

Mike

Shield Arm magazines are metal and need the metal mag catch. Stock g43x holds 10. Shield Arms holds 15. I carry an extra magazines. That's 10 more rounds I get to spray and pray..:):mamoru:

Last edited:

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Glock makes one of the best handguns on the market at any price. I know they're a bit ugly, but they are among the most reliable guns on the market. Glock service and support is also excellent. If you upgrade to a different gun, it's because you *wanted* it, not because of the Glock's performance.

I have guns that cost a *lot* more than my Glocks ... but when I put my pants and belt on in the morning, it's a holstered Glock that goes on next. If the unthinkable happens and I need it, that's the gun I'm going to trust to protect me and my family.

Mike

I agree... I didnt buy it just because it was the best price. I should have added that I did my research and everything I read about a glock is what you said. Simple, reliable , easy to find parts/repair and great support. At the price I got it for I felt I would have wasted my money if I bought anything else for the reasons I needed it for.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom