Heritage: bending front sight post

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Just picked up a little heritage .22 for my 9 year olds first pistol.
    I shot it a few times out of the box from about 7 yards and noticed it’s shooting a couple inches to the left. Apparently it’s a common problem and most just bend the front sight a little.

Should it be as simple as gripping it with some vice grips, or should I tap it easy? Definitely don’t want to snap it off.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Yes, Inches.

No I haven’t benched it, just shot a pretty decent group all to the left. Apparently it isn’t uncommon for it to be off. I guess it’s to be expected for a $119 gun.

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Bench it first. If they all are in a group to the left it can be the result of the same error every time..such as improper trigger pull.
    47162fa13adf63c7871f3364841e7b8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Just picked up a little heritage .22 for my 9 year olds first pistol.
    I shot it a few times out of the box from about 7 yards and noticed it’s shooting a couple inches to the left. Apparently it’s a common problem and most just bend the front sight a little.

Should it be as simple as gripping it with some vice grips, or should I tap it easy? Definitely don’t want to snap it off.
    I’d be willing to bet money it’s the sights and not your shooting. I bought one of these a couple years back that was shooting a good 1.75 inches to the left at 10 yards. I knew my shot wasn’t that bad so I benched it and had the same issue 6 rounds grouping almost exactly 1.75inches to the left. I didn’t care much about the gun and just bought it to plank around. I took a pair of pliers and bent them over a tad. After bending the sights a couple times it’s almost dead on now.

they are great little guns and very affordable. I don’t find them as practical to teach a new shooter with unless that new shooter will be shooting revolvers and not striker fired guns.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Bench it first. If they all are in a group to the left it can be the result of the same error every time..such as improper trigger pull.
    47162fa13adf63c7871f3364841e7b8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with benching it, but that chart only has to do with single handed shooting. Grouping left could be a few issues, but if it's low and left, it's typically front anticipation from a right handed shooter.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom