$100 for SB Tactical pistol brace deal + $20 store credit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have no need to visit the thread again, but thanks. And thanks for permitting me to continue to post deals in the Hot deals section. Hope they benefit someone here. From now on I’ll do my best to just post and run.

If that’s what makes you happy, rock on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    A rubber-band pistol was confiscated from an algebra class, because it was a weapon of math disruption.

I figure these silly puns are better than grown ass men bickering back and forth like teenage girls...

I have more puns when y'all are ready.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    A rubber-band pistol was confiscated from an algebra class, because it was a weapon of math disruption.

I figure these silly puns are better than grown ass men bickering back and forth like teenage girls...

I have more puns when y'all are ready.

You're welcome to post them here if you'd like but that sale is over. It still has a $13 "store credit that can be used pre-sale on that specific item making it more of an item credit than a store credit." Or, for most people, a $13 discount. So it's more of a luke warm deal now.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I like how it’s the same people time and time again. At what point does it become counter productive? Can a moderator recommend banning himself? Is it ok to call members names all of a sudden? I mean seriously, all of this over a hot deals post. You can’t make this stuff up.

Just curious, What is the percentage of new sale threads vs other new thread titles daily? Sure seems like this has turned into a place to sell stuff and watch threads turn into arguments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I like how it’s the same people time and time again. At what point does it become counter productive? Can a moderator recommend banning himself? Is it ok to call members names all of a sudden? I mean seriously, all of this over a hot deals post. You can’t make this stuff up.

Just curious, What is the percentage of new sale threads vs other new thread titles daily? Sure seems like this has turned into a place to sell stuff and watch threads turn into arguments.

I'm sure a moderator can recommend banning himself. The original post got edited (original is below) but my goal was to help people who were looking at the deal. I didn't know he posted the deal because the link at the page he linked wouldn't load on my laptop. I also acknowledged the issue may be because of the browser I was running. I even repeated in the next thread that the issue of the linked link may be on my end. Not knowing where his linked link lead but knowing it was for a brace for $100, I shared what appeared to be a better deal, a brace and store credit for the same price. There was no animosity in my post. It was a genuine attempt to help out people looking at the thread for the hot deal. But, once again, the desire to make me wrong, even in cases where there was no disagreement, took over and your buddy just had to create a correction based on the phrase I used. And just like I'm sure a mod can recommend banning himself, a user can also request to be banned. It's happened before. It can be accommodated again. I'm pretty sure I didn't call anyone any names. So I can't speak to that aspect of your post.

"The link leads to an article talking about the brace. The link on that page to buy the item doesn't load on my laptop. I'm running ad-blockers and their link might be an affiliate link and that may be the reason. But Primary Arms is running a sale on the brace for the same price. They are also including $20 in store credit."

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I'm sure a moderator can recommend banning himself. The original post got edited (original is below) but my goal was to help people who were looking at the deal. I didn't know he posted the deal because the link at the page he linked wouldn't load on my laptop. I also acknowledged the issue may be because of the browser I was running. I even repeated in the next thread that the issue of the linked link may be on my end. Not knowing where his linked link lead but knowing it was for a brace for $100, I shared what appeared to be a better deal, a brace and store credit for the same price. There was no animosity in my post. It was a genuine attempt to help out people looking at the thread for the hot deal. But, once again, the desire to make me wrong, even in cases where there was no disagreement, took over and your buddy just had to create a correction based on the phrase I used. And just like I'm sure a mod can recommend banning himself, a user can also request to be banned. It's happened before. It can be accommodated again. I'm pretty sure I didn't call anyone any names. So I can't speak to that aspect of your post.

"The link leads to an article talking about the brace. The link on that page to buy the item doesn't load on my laptop. I'm running ad-blockers and their link might be an affiliate link and that may be the reason. But Primary Arms is running a sale on the brace for the same price. They are also including $20 in store credit."

I only have a few buddies on here and if you’re referring to magdump we have had our problems in the past. My point is that I’ve never seen more arguments or threads go down the crapper as I do when the same 3 people are involved. I guess I’m wondering if the same standards will apply to all of us when we get into a thread and turn it into a disaster. At what point does it stop or does it just continue to boost post counts. Does it actually help the site at all? I’m sure I’m not the only one that sees it but not sure anyone else cares or wants to call it out. I’m sure we could start a thread with a poll. I think we are missing out on members being active and actually learning something due to all of the arguing over silly stuff making people stay away. I’m not a mod or part of any staff so I am not sure why it’s allowed or maybe I am just missing other instances of the same thing.

PS: I wasn’t referring to you name calling.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    I only have a few buddies on here and if you’re referring to magdump we have had our problems in the past. My point is that I’ve never seen more arguments or threads go down the crapper as I do when the same 3 people are involved. I guess I’m wondering if the same standards will apply to all of us when we get into a thread and turn it into a disaster. At what point does it stop or does it just continue to boost post counts. Does it actually help the site at all? I’m sure I’m not the only one that sees it but not sure anyone else cares or wants to call it out. I’m sure we could start a thread with a poll. I think we are missing out on members being active and actually learning something due to all of the arguing over silly stuff making people stay away. I’m not a mod or part of any staff so I am not sure why it’s allowed or maybe I am just missing other instances of the same thing.

I can assure you, you're not the only one tired of seeing posts turned into a **** show. I can't imagine it's helpful to anyone, or the site.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yeah Motor, sorry for my part in it. Seems like avoidance is my only solution. I can ignore the best of them.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Yes, I'm referring to magdump. And I've watched a number of threads go down the crapper. I personally let a lot of it go because, in the absence of any major direct threats, I'm for letting the users work it out themselves.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Yes, I'm referring to magdump. And I've watched a number of threads go down the crapper. I personally let a lot of it go because, in the absence of any major direct threats, I'm for letting the users work it out themselves.

I’ll leave the obvious response alone. Carry on

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    I can assure you, you're not the only one tired of seeing posts turned into a **** show. I can't imagine it's helpful to anyone, or the site.

Same here. No forum is perfect but the pile on and confrontational posts has gotten pretty bad. That’s a turn off for a lot of folks.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom