Baton Rouge Gang Violence

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    I am unaware of that, but I did see open carry practice at the Walmart in Kenner over the weekend.
    I thought this was a no go for the general public.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    The Mayor is afraid to address the crime due to the chance of alienating her base . The Chief is a puppet , so no help there . Get ready for four more years of it .

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    We’ve been getting a few of the GSW victims. More times than not they’re shot up but nothing life threatening, they run and duck and nobody seems to be a decent shot. We did get a head shot in the other night but not a fatality. I often have that nagging feeling we might get visitors behind those. When the Trauma alert is called we usually try to go grab them from the ER first thing and move them further into the hospital, hide them in CT or Surgery or just up to the unit and the ER can pretend they were DOA or whatever. They immediately become a number and don’t even show in our system. Prolly just a matter of time before our luck runs out. We have sketchy plans laid out for active shooter scenarios but in all honesty, ain’t nobody packing much in scrubs. I bet before long we’ll have more than one or two deputies hanging out in the ER.
    We are pretty close to an active area and get the occasional violent crime on campus but for the most part they don’t bring it in the hospital. No guarantee walking to your car tho.

I think if somebody don’t get a grip on things we will start seeing a lot worse soon. There are already a few places in BR that LEO’s don’t seem to tread. That’s a pretty good indicator for you.

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Prolly just a matter of time before our luck runs out. We have sketchy plans laid out for active shooter scenarios but in all honesty, ain’t nobody packing much in scrubs...

Have a friend (general surgeon) who is petite and she regularly carries a Springfield EMP in her scrubs. She is afraid of what will happen WHEN an attack happens by gang members seeking vengeance versus IF it will happen. Hospital security does what they can but self-reliance is key in life.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    I am unaware of that, but I did see open carry practice at the Walmart in Kenner over the weekend.
    I thought this was a no go for the general public.

No idea what their policy is, but Walmart and Academy are about the only places I ever see anyone open carrying. Sadly, the holster is always some sort of ill fitting, el cheapo Uncle Mike's $6.00 holster. I've never seen anyone with any meaningful type of retention.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Have a friend (general surgeon) who is petite and she regularly carries a Springfield EMP in her scrubs. She is afraid of what will happen WHEN an attack happens by gang members seeking vengeance versus IF it will happen. Hospital security does what they can but self-reliance is key in life.
    Props to your friend for packing, hope she doesn’t share that too often.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

There is actually a new holster system that came out that allows people to carry full size pistols in scrubs.

It’s called the PHLster Enigma.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Props to your friend for packing, hope she doesn’t share that too often.

She absolutely tells no one with the exception of good friends who are like minded.
    All's I can say about myself is that a Galco ankle holster has been my silent friend for over twenty years.
    As far as I can tell it's never even been noticed by my far left liberal workmates.

Of course I'd really like a spare mag but short of "prison packing," that ain't gonna work so I go without.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I hope you figure out a way to carry at work too. I really like your posts and do not want you "gone".
    Well thanks man. It’s not exactly a war zone and while pulling a trigger is one of the easiest methods to defend one’s self, it ain’t the only method. I’ve got the home court advantage as well.
    My job is strict about their firearms policy and I could lose not only my job/pension/long term investment but also my professional medical license and a six figure income. I’ll take my chances with a brainless perp before I risk my livelihood, lol.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    She absolutely tells no one with the exception of good friends who are like minded.
    All's I can say about myself is that a Galco ankle holster has been my silent friend for over twenty years.
    As far as I can tell it's never even been noticed by my far left liberal workmates.

Of course I'd really like a spare mag but short of "prison packing," that ain't gonna work so I go without.

Belly bands work well too, but I agree on that unorthodox mag pouch, lol! I guess it’s cool your friend let’s at least one coworker know she’s strapped in case she goes down. At least they’ll have the option of a battlefield pickup.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom