Military Field Jacket and Liner for $500???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    In case you have too much money, Ralph Lauren is selling what is basically an Army field jacket with a jacket liner for about $500. They're also selling a pair of BDU's for about $140. I may have to go digging through my old gear. I may be sitting on a fortune.

Field Jacket
    BDU's

s7-1378742_lifestyle

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    My biggest regret was selling my gortex jacket. Idk wtf I was thinking. I still have my bdu's.... Im sure I don't fit in them lol

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Even milsurp sh!t isnt cheap anymore. Go look on the sold auctions on ebay.
    You said it! Sportsman’s Guide used to have great deals on real surplus, but they’ve gone crazy lately. I’ve got a couple of real M65 field jackets with the quilted liner I bought new in the pack for $15 years ago. They want a mint now for worn out jackets. Makes no sense.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    John Winger said it best!

Look at this stuff. Chicks in New York paying top dollar for this garbage.

On a related note, did anyone else on here go to basic at Fort Knox and realize the in-processing barracks area was the Stripes set? Blew my mind!

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I bet I could pay off my Jeep since I've got a good bit of BDU's, DCU's, and ACU's. I wonder if people would pay a premium for the DCU's. Only one owner and combat tested. Not some surplus store special.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    John Winger said it best!

Look at this stuff. Chicks in New York paying top dollar for this garbage.

On a related note, did anyone else on here go to basic at Fort Knox and realize the in-processing barracks area was the Stripes set? Blew my mind!

I went to Fort Lost-in-the-woods in the great state of Misery. (Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.)

I may even have my original issue BCG's. I may have to throw those up on my ebay account to see what I can get. They've got to be worth a couple boxes on 9mm for sure.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You said it! Sportsman’s Guide used to have great deals on real surplus, but they’ve gone crazy lately. I’ve got a couple of real M65 field jackets with the quilted liner I bought new in the pack for $15 years ago. They want a mint now for worn out jackets. Makes no sense.

I bought my first M65 field jacket w/liner from the PX back in 1988 when my older brother was in the army. I think it was $65?!? I still have it, and I still use it. And, I'm not talking about casual use. I've used it thousands of times! It has held up like no other jacket I have ever had or known. I would put it up against any of the name brand "hunting" jackets out there with out pause. Oh, and deer do not care that they are in vintage woodland camo pattern.

They ain't worth $500 by a long shot, but considering mine lasted through 32 years of heavy usage, and is still in use today; they are a hell of a value. I bought several since then and gave one to my wife and one for each of my two kids. Great hunting jackets! I love them!

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    My biggest regret was selling my gortex jacket. Idk wtf I was thinking. I still have my bdu's.... Im sure I don't fit in them lol

I was in a good bit before the Gore-tex jackets started being issued, but I picked one up and I do love it. Your remorse is completely appropriate. :dogkeke:

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I wonder how much they’d charge for a woobie. Mine still travels with me.

Whatever it is, it would be worth it. As a kid, I remember using my dad's, from Vietnam, until it basically disintegrated. I have a couple that I was issued and a couple that I bought that are my go-to blankies for TV watching, travel, beach... you name it. How does something keep you perfectly warm and perfectly cool, at the same time??? :dogkeke:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La

I have as my dad left me his old OD.
    I have not looked in some time but was high.
    I do have a mint jacket with liner tgat I wore some back in high school some.
    He had a few the others were crap but this one was used on days,when he was clean.
    As he,worked the flight line till 1962 ish
    After boy scouts I tossed all the mint WW2 Korea era metal pans,and stuff. We used at camp outs.
    And the stuff that is on eBay is high or trash or both.
    Now everything being sold is trash.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Was one of the lucky ones in 1968 that got to FT. Puke, Loussyana for basic training. During the major flood of August 2016 all of my Army gear/clothes were lost/destroyed. Even my down filled Artic Sleeping bags that kept me warm and toastie while sleeping outside on the ground in temperatures of -40*F and colder for several winters in Alaska. The only item that survived the flood waters was on a high shelf . Some of you would probably have vivid nightmares if you say it today. Some called it the "Round Brown" or "Smokey Bear" but was mainly known as "Drill Sgt."cover. But we still have the memories. .................................. drill sgt.

noahvale

shootist
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    Redstick
    I wish I had kept all the ones my dad gave me prior to the cutbacks that required him to buy them. I had a od green one with liner with all the patches, full bird colonel, wings, third army, and name. I also had a od green raincoat with liner as well as lots of od shirts with patches and pants. I'm down to one field jacket and liner with no patches. Dad was a pilot in WWII and Korea and came back and served full time in the nat. guard and then the army reserve for a total of 41 years service. He passed last year at age 95.

Last edited:

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Was one of the lucky ones in 1968 that got to FT. Puke, Loussyana for basic training. During the major flood of August 2016 all of my Army gear/clothes were lost/destroyed. Even my down filled Artic Sleeping bags that kept me warm and toastie while sleeping outside on the ground in temperatures of -40*F and colder for several winters in Alaska. The only item that survived the flood waters was on a high shelf . Some of you would probably have vivid nightmares if you say it today. Some called it the "Round Brown" or "Smokey Bear" but was mainly known as "Drill Sgt."cover. But we still have the memories. .................................. drill sgt.

I was in the reserves and was sent to Fort Polk for two or three weeks.. Can't remember but it felt like eternity. We slept in 2man room barracks that had little dehumidifiers in them. The little tank would fill up every quickly. We would wake up every morning soaking wet... Everything was wet... Floors, walls, dressers.. I then had to go back after my 1year orders were done.

Camp Shelby wasn't as bad as Polk but it's close. Only because we there for a weekend of training and gone. My first time there, no one told me to bring my own pillows and sheets. The matress was yellow, the pillow was yellow, and the sheets were yellow. Caked on dust and dirt.

Side note... I met one of my drill sgts during one of our trainings. We had a few hours off and went to the bowling alley. There he was. He was a huge loud mouth and would smoke you for anything but was a great guy.. Never seen him as a mean spirited person but as I said he was LOUD. At the bowling alley he was very soft spoken and reserve.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I was in the reserves and was sent to Fort Polk for two or three weeks.. Can't remember but it felt like eternity. We slept in 2man room barracks that had little dehumidifiers in them. The little tank would fill up every quickly. We would wake up every morning soaking wet... Everything was wet... Floors, walls, dressers.. I then had to go back after my 1year orders were done.

Camp Shelby wasn't as bad as Polk but it's close. Only because we there for a weekend of training and gone. My first time there, no one told me to bring my own pillows and sheets. The matress was yellow, the pillow was yellow, and the sheets were yellow. Caked on dust and dirt.

Side note... I met one of my drill sgts during one of our trainings. We had a few hours off and went to the bowling alley. There he was. He was a huge loud mouth and would smoke you for anything but was a great guy.. Never seen him as a mean spirited person but as I said he was LOUD. At the bowling alley he was very soft spoken and reserve.

All of my Basic and AIT was at Polk that was the early 70's. Being from LA it was like the weather I've always lived in. But those barracks were cold during the winter it snowed when I was there.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom