New Firearms Range Needs Permit From Metro Council.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    TUESDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2020
    BUSINESSREAL ESTATE
    Metro Council to weigh indoor shooting range, apartments in Greens at Millerville

The Metro Council will decide Wednesday whether to rezone 57 acres in The Greens at Millerville to make room for a gun store with an indoor shooting range, educational center and club, as well as for a potential 320-unit multifamily development.

Developer Windy Gladney recently told Daily Report he signed a purchase agreement with an undisclosed national firearms retailer for a nearly 2-acre site adjacent to the new Richards Honda dealership in his planned development. Before the deal can close, however, Gladney must secure permission from the Metro Council to revise his land use development plans for the Greens.

The site proposed for the new store and shooting range includes a portion of the 15-acre parcel Buc-ee’s had under contract several years ago, before the Texas-based mega gas station chain pulled out of the deal in late 2016. Earlier this year, a Nashville buyer also backed out of a $6 million deal to bring a supermarket to the site, at the intersection of Millerville Road and Interstate 12.

As part of the overall plan revision, a total of 393,000 square feet of commercial space would sit on 44.2 acres of land, according to the rezoning application.

Also being proposed for the Greens at Millerville is a 320-unit, medium-density residential development that would comprise another 9.5 acres.

The council will meet Wednesday at 4 p.m.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Personally I will believe this when I see the building actually built and occupied for this intended purpose . With the freshly re-elected Democratic Mayor President they will be doing everything to impart the Democratic Party agenda . Let us pray this does not come to be and I hope that I am wrong. .............................................................. drill sgt.

Top Bottom