Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    _________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

10/22 Magazines - What is best?

I only have the small flush fit factory magazines. I'd like to get something with more capacity.

Are there any other magazines worth ordering before I buy Ruger BX-25 mags?
    Are BX-25 magazines even worth buying?

Marksman

User Info Menu

BX-15 and BX-25 are good. The 25 is long. I like the 15 rounders too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

I have some of the Butler creek steel lips and the work great with no issues. I have a couple of their mags with the plastic lips and have had some feed issues. CDNN sports used to have the steel lips for $10 each.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

When I was really into shooting my 10/22, I tried some of the aftermarket mags. None of them worked as well as the factory Ruger mags.

Pony up for the BX-25 mags. They're not cheap, but you'll forget about that long after they keep on working for you.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snipehunter7 View Post
    BX-15 and BX-25 are good. The 25 is long. I like the 15 rounders too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah cool. I didn't know they had 15 rounders. I'd probably like those more as well. I find long mags don't work well if you shoot off a rest at any point.

Quote Originally Posted by AK shooter View Post
    I have some of the Butler creek steel lips and the work great with no issues. I have a couple of their mags with the plastic lips and have had some feed issues. CDNN sports used to have the steel lips for $10 each.
    At $10/pop I could live with them if they weren't the absolute best, so long as they work okay. I think the clear Butler Creek mags are what I used to use.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighReloader View Post
    When I was really into shooting my 10/22, I tried some of the aftermarket mags. None of them worked as well as the factory Ruger mags.

Pony up for the BX-25 mags. They're not cheap, but you'll forget about that long after they keep on working for you.

Mike
    I found some for about $20/ea, so that's why I was wondering if they were worth it over anything else.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Mike
    Agreed. I went for broke a couple years ago on the BX25’s and still have several packaged. They were 2 for for 36 bucks so why not. Out of maybe 15 that I use I only had one that started lagging. Opened her up and did a good cleaning and good as new. Same with all the 10 rounders I have. Gotta learn how to wind that spring back once they’re clean and they’ll run for years. I do like the 15 rounders in my Ruger American rifles but haven’t stocked up too much on those.
    As for any other brand mags, I’ve tried them all over the years and none hold a candle to OEM.
    Last edited by Magdump; December 2nd, 2020 at 08:00 PM.
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Agreed. I went for broke a couple years ago on the BX25’s and still have several packaged. They were 2 for for 36 bucks so why not. Out of maybe 15 that I use I only had one that started lagging. Opened her up and did a good cleaning and good as new. Same with all the 10 rounders I have. Gotta learn how to wind that spring back once they’re clean and they’ll run for years. I do like the 15 rounders in my Ruger American rifles but haven’t stocked up too much on those.
    As for any other brand mags, I’ve tried them all over the years and none hold a candle to OEM.
    So do you have an actual recommendation? Maybe which to avoid?

Or are you still ignoring me?

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Mike
    +2
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

enthusiast

User Info Menu

Used butler creek steel lips reliably for years. The cheaper plastic lip version are reliable when new, but will wear out much quicker than the steel lip.
    Stephen