Looks like it is time to get out for some Caddy Dealers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    I’m not really opposed to all electric but I sure don’t know what I would do on a long hunting trip in Montana. Maybe they will have to install solar panels? Charge locations at every hotel parking lot?
    A friend whose father owns a dealership said he didn’t expect there to be dealerships, or at least not small ones, in the future. Buy on line. Maybe have a location to view vehicles.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Making the New Car dealers invest in infrastructure as well as I think some areas not being able to sell EV cars.
    I personally think that CNG would be better and lots of it is burned off.
    Years ago looked at some FORD stuff that had it from the factory inside the gas filler was a steel ball type thing that the hose just snapped into like a quick disconnect.
    And you can buy a home filler if you have NG.
    Even basic cars like Honda Civic was offered

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Electric vehicles are not the best vehicle for every person in every situation. Until the infrastructure is in place across the country, a lot of families would need to have one as their second vehicle rather than their only vehicle.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Electric vehicles are not the best vehicle for every person in every situation. Until the infrastructure is in place across the country, a lot of families would need to have one as their second vehicle rather than their only vehicle.

There is actually a lot more recharging stations than I thought. There is a site you can go on and plan a trip that will show all of the locations along the way and ensure you’re stops have charging stations available. I was surprised that several hotels, dealerships and college campuses have these installed already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I don’t think Cadillac sells like they used too so I’d bet that some owners just said screw I’ll take the buy out.

Personally I like the idea of an electric truck. But until I can pull my boat up to 3 hours away to a launch that definitely won’t have a charging station and return home then it’s not an option for me.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Virtually every American household already has a charging station for an electric car. It's called an outlet. Granted, most people don't have a 40 amp, 240 volt drop near where they park, but those aren't that hard or expensive to install.

My wife and I have talked a lot about making our next vehicle electric. Yes, being able to charge while out and about is a concern, but given that the range of many of the newer vehicles is approaching 400 miles, there just won't be a whole lot of trips where mid-day charging will be needed. Tesla has an excellent website where one can trip plan and figure out where to recharge, and I haven't found any places I'd want to go yet where I couldn't get in and back out.

And the convenience of being able to plug in overnight and have a "full tank" every morning is *very* appealing.

(To wit: today's day-trip to New Orleans and back was 172 miles. That's just over half a charge on a Tesla 3. And in 4 or 5 hours the car would be fully charged again, and I would have spent about $6 in electricity.)

I agree that electric cars aren't the right vehicle for everyone ... yet. But I think that day isn't far off either.

As for car dealerships—I can't wait for state legislatures to start giving the car dealership lobbies the middle finger. I'm tired of being beholden to these jackwads in the so-called name of "consumer protection." If I want to buy a car online directly from the manufacturer, I should damn well have that choice.

Mike

PS - years ago I lived in Alberta, where the winters are legendary. There, it was entirely normal for parking lots to have outlets at every spot for the engine block heaters.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I would imagine 500k is kinda low for a dealership. For instance IF I walked over to my local caddy dealer and asked them to sell me the business for 500k, they would just laugh....

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    I think it’s important to recall that ZEVs aren’t in fact “zero emissions”, they just move the emissions to the power plant and battery production facilities. Most EV battery production is in China where they have a less than stellar reputation for social and environmental responsibility. Air quality? That’s funny. Wuhan flu happened and they probably didn’t notice since they’ve been wearing smog masks for over a decade. Our power production facilities here are primarily still coal fired, which is a gross polluter, and the power company can buy emissions exemptions from the government to avoid emissions inspections and ignore environmental laws, which they typically do. So sure, an EV might get 100 MPGe, but that coal plant and battery factory (and oil-fires transport assets used to ship, assemble, and deliver the EVs) still make them pollute more than your average new, domestically produced car. Plus the batteries have an expected shelf life... R&R every 10 years? Remember when dealers (even Toyota dealers) wouldn’t take a gen 1 Prius on trade because the batteries cost more to dispose of than the car was worth? Until we establish a reliable and extensive charging infrastructure, refine power production, and significantly improve battery technology, EVs aren’t going to make sense as a widespread replacement to internal combustion.

It’s a noble goal, like world peace... makes us feel good to pray for it, but it’ll never happen until the second coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom