Belle Chasse/Jesuit Bend Range?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    There is one way down Belle Chase Highway, it’s an outdoor range, I qualified there at night, about 2 years ago. My only time there, so I can’t say if it’s a police range or if it’s open to the public.

This was with the Gretna Police citizens academy, so it could be either or.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Thats the Plaquemine Parish SO range for sure. Its in Myrtle Grove. Not a public range be definition but they do let non LE shoot there with permission. Its a really nice range. The trustees police the brass and trash on mondays.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    The plaquemines sheriffs range is pretty nice. I took a course there last year. There’s a training/pistol side and there’s a long range portion to it. You have to have permission to use it.

Sig66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2016
    NOLA Westbank
    As an FYI, there is another range called High Point Shooting Grounds, just south of BC, right before Capt Larry’s at the flood wall. It was originally a nice trap & skeet facility, but he added a 200yd rifle range and 25yd pistol range. Problem is...it’s been closed since about 2015, due to the Army Corps of Engineers getting dirt from that area for levee projects; due to the high volume of traffic, they made him close, and he couldn’t afford to keep the insurance. Hopefully in the future, things will work out to where he can get it opened again, but I wouldn’t be holding my breath.
    Ive been there, but it was back in the late 90’s or so, and the trap range is very nice, but I’ve never seen the rifle/pistol range. It’s on Walker Rd, so you can find it on Google Earth, just look for it right before the Intercoastal Canal, on the right side of the road.

Top Bottom