I can't believe people are stupid enough to pay outrageous prices.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    And is the gouging law just for businesses or is their an exemption for private sellers? That could be a slippery slope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    For now, private citizens reserve the right to ask what they want for their private possessions just as everyone else maintains the right to use common sense and refrain from paying an exaggerated price. I will say I read a remark about some unknown persons being charged for selling hand sanitizer at crazy prices on EBay and the product was seized but that turned out to be mostly bogus in that the ad was simply dropped by EBay and no one was charged. People should be careful with EBay however, as selling there could constitute some form of retail business that might leave the seller open to such scrutiny if classified as anything but a private seller. Even yard sale laws vary state to state and could leave you at risk for more than you bargained for.
    As for CTD, I laughed. That entire situation is comedic. I dropped them during the OBAMMY era when they apparently lost their collective minds. While I’m not shocked that there are people paying those prices, I was surprised that the order covered as many people as it did. At least 4000 sales anyway. Yeah, I know, stupid people can have money too, but I’ve heard that a fool and his money are soon parted.
    CTD may wind up setting a fine example for other retailers in the shooting industry. They are likely learning a lesson about how exposed they are to situations like this because of what they sell. Ain’t too many bureaucrats gonna lose sleep over anybody in the shooting industry going down. I bet there’s nobody coming to CTD’s rescue on this either. Anyway, to a retailer that goes by a very misleading name at the very least, checkmate Cheaper Than Dirt!

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    That’s the problem. Guns and ammo were deemed this year to be essential and we have so called pro 2A gun guys referring to it as a hobby. Maybe we think differently but to me firearms are a God given right for citizens of the United States and they are certainly essential in my eyes.

4 things I never leave the house without regardless of where I’m going: keys, gun, wallet, cellphone.

If everybody that sold ammo raised their prices out of sight , then you might have an argument . CTD is not a sole supplier of guns and ammo . Nobody " does without " because of CTD . And as a side note , I bought .22 LR for 6 cents a round last Monday at Academy . Capitalism still works for now .

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    “unless the price by the seller is attributable to fluctuations in applicable commodity markets, fluctuations in applicable regional or national market trends, or to reasonable expenses and charges and attendant business risk incurred in procuring or selling the goods or services during the state of emergency”

This is the key phrase above.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    If everybody that sold ammo raised their prices out of sight , then you might have an argument . CTD is not a sole supplier of guns and ammo . Nobody " does without " because of CTD . And as a side note , I bought .22 LR for 6 cents a round last Monday at Academy . Capitalism still works for now .

everyone did raise prices. CTD and alamoammo are by far the worst two though

Top Kek

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    nola
    3ylyPNU.jpg

HDu6PZl.jpg

Kenner gun show be like

pandabear

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    May 1, 2014
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana

The problem is, some of the dirt bag, especially the newly join dirt bag on this forum buying their ammo at Academy and selling here at three times the price is what some of us having the problem with!!!

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    The problem is, some of the dirt bag, especially the newly join dirt bag on this forum buying their ammo at Academy and selling here at three times the price is what some of us having the problem with!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS
    I hope they have to spend their 'profit' on Dr. bills

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS
    I hope they have to spend their 'profit' on Dr. bills

Ha...Take a peek on L.A.Sportsman,Probably some of the same parasites.... Not but 2 real Louisiana forums that I know of are left,Bayoubucks crashed and burned for some reason?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I see ammo at academy pretty regularly but it’s about 40-100% higher than ammo I purchased last year so I just pass on most of it. The only thing I consider myself low on is a few older military calibers and 20ga shells.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom