Can’t say I didn’t see this attempt coming

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Looking like somebody gave the ATF a green light recently. They’re not even gonna wait for creepy Joe to be sworn in.

https://youtu.be/ZpnKDR2B9yg

Looking for the article that lays out the charges, but basically they’re going after polymer 80 and I’m guessing anybody selling 80% receivers and charging them with shipping firearms across state lines without background checks etc., in effect treating 80% receivers as a firearm. What a load of horse hockey.

Last edited:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    ATF is splitting hairs on Polymer 80. They're taking the position that if you ship the 80% receivers along with all of the other components, then you're illegally shipping a firearm. I suppose this means that if you sell them in separate transactions and ship them separately, you are not in violation.

We'll have to see how this one ends up.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Or we all can just say **** it, and stop obeying their ******** unconstitutional laws?

100+ million gun owners. They can’t arrest us all..

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    They are going after the soft targets right now. Most gun owners don’t bother with 80% frames, so most gun owners won’t care.
    As for me, I take offense at any and all anti-gun actions. Since infringement of Constitutional rights is frivolous and tyrannical, the BATFE is a waste of taxpayer funds. Trump should have moved to cut and or divert their funding and even disbanded them.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I read they have also hit Brownells, Midway, and of course Polymer 80. They are going after customer list of who bought these.

if we go communist guess who will be knocking on the door, real hard.

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    Or we all can just say **** it, and stop obeying their ******** unconstitutional laws?

100+ million gun owners. They can’t arrest us all..

Problem is like everything else. We’re not 100m strong. We’re a few million each big game hunters, collectors, competitors, small gamers, tacti-cool guys, social owners (those who have but never use), subsistence hunters, necessity owners, CCW owners, reenactors, preppers, etc.
    They’ve managed to put us in boxes. The AWB went thru because only the AWB owners gave enough of a crap to say anything. If it don’t affect MY bottom line, I don’t care what happens to YOUR stuff. Sadly that’s how it is with most folks.

First they came for the fascists, and I didn’t say anything because I wasn’t a fascist...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Problem is like everything else. We’re not 100m strong. We’re a few million each big game hunters, collectors, competitors, small gamers, tacti-cool guys, social owners (those who have but never use), subsistence hunters, necessity owners, CCW owners, reenactors, preppers, etc.
    They’ve managed to put us in boxes. The AWB went thru because only the AWB owners gave enough of a crap to say anything. If it don’t affect MY bottom line, I don’t care what happens to YOUR stuff. Sadly that’s how it is with most folks.

First they came for the fascists, and I didn’t say anything because I wasn’t a fascist...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    They are going after the soft targets right now. Most gun owners don’t bother with 80% frames, so most gun owners won’t care.
    As for me, I take offense at any and all anti-gun actions. Since infringement of Constitutional rights is frivolous and tyrannical, the BATFE is a waste of taxpayer funds. Trump should have moved to cut and or divert their funding and even disbanded them.
    Exactly , go after the softest targets and work up is the plan . People seem to only complain when their gun is at risk .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Exactly , go after the softest targets and work up is the plan . People seem to only complain when their gun is at risk .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

very sad but true unfortunately. It’s like the guys we heard saying * I don’t even care about bump stocks* What these people don’t realize is if we take that approach the left will slowly but surely chip away at more and more of our rights. As gun owners we should all be extremely concerned about any and every bill coming out to infringe on our rights.

I couldn’t imagine carrying a Glock 17 with 10rd magazines and having to go through leaps and bounds just to be able to purchase that Glock 17 in the first place. I feel bad for the folks who live in states with these harsh, unconstitutional laws in place.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    You know what’s really sad is the vast majority of people in favor for all of these ridiculous laws have absolutely no clue what they are talking about. Most of them don’t know the difference between semi automatic and fully automatic. They are also clueless and have no response when you bring up the fact that the vast majority of gun crimes are done with illegally purchased firearms. They are to stupid to realize that CRIMINALS DONT FOLLOW LAWS and these laws only hurt law abiding citizens. Chicago is a perfect example on why strict gun laws don’t work.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Here here! Couldn’t agree more!

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    You know what’s really sad is the vast majority of people in favor for all of these ridiculous laws have absolutely no clue what they are talking about. Most of them don’t know the difference between semi automatic and fully automatic. They are also clueless and have no response when you bring up the fact that the vast majority of gun crimes are done with illegally purchased firearms. They are to stupid to realize that CRIMINALS DONT FOLLOW LAWS and these laws only hurt law abiding citizens. Chicago is a perfect example on why strict gun laws don’t work.
    Yes, exactly. Very frustrating. A bit of research goes a long way. The thing that gives me hope is the number of new people arming themselves despite all of the lies in the media and popular culture

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I agree with every post on the last page.
    If leftist anti gunner (or pro disarmament, if you prefer) would just follow the law they wouldn’t have to keep creating laws. That goes for all governing bodies in the US. We have a constitution. Follow it bitches. Shall not be infringed.

Top Bottom