Opinions on Steyr AUG A3 M1 ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’ve had the opportunity to shoot the older gen AUG’s a few times over the years and found them pleasing enough. Now that there’s a flat top version without the integral optic of past gen guns, I’m leaning toward grabbing one this week. I have dumped the Tavor I bought a couple years ago and after playing with a SCAR for a few days, as much as I love FN weapons, decided it’s just not for me. So I’m looking at the Steyr AUG.
    Any owners or former owners here that can tell me pros and cons or any regrets before I go drop 2k on another rifle? Any real world opinion appreciated.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well, like many other strong urges, I couldn’t resist this one either. Did a couple hours of reading reviews and forums and placed my order. Guess I’ll start shopping for mags now. Merry Christmas to me.

I mean, if this don’t give you a woody, you’re an anti gunner or a girl...

Attachments

• 187FAB8D-F853-45ED-B32A-46C52C5DDFEC.png
      187FAB8D-F853-45ED-B32A-46C52C5DDFEC.png
      42.2 KB · Views: 123
    Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Make sure you get one of the Ratworx trigger sear mods for it. We installed one on James Reeves Aug and it made quite a difference.

https://store.ratworxusa.com/products/accessories-steyr-990000005357-20-tsm-auga3-2545
    Thanks bud, my only real gripe about the one I got to shoot. That long ass trigger ain’t nothing like any other rifle except another bullpup. I don’t mind a little extra pull weight as long as it’s predictable. I ditched the tavor due to ergos but I don’t miss the trigger. I will look into that first thing.

Top Bottom