Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: Taurus G3C

  1. #1
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Taurus G3C

    For some reason this gun has been popping up on my suggested videos feed on YouTube. I decided to watch a couple of reviews from guys I follow and no one seems to have anything bad to say about it. I know the G2C was a big hit and after recently buying my first Taurus the TX22 for $330 with a laser I’ve been thinking about buying it just to keep as a backup gun in my vehicle or on my person.

    Anyone here have any experience with this gun? Is it worth the $330 or should I just double up and get another Glock.

  2. #2
    Marksman

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    I haven't shot the G3C but I've put thousands through a G2C and TX22... G2C was really good for the price but certainly not "refined" feeling by any stretch. The TX22 is far better than it has any business being. As best I can tell the G3C is by a large margin the best pistol Taurus has brought to market so far. The G2C was a helluva good value, but it had some major shortcomings: specifically, a trigger mushier than wet bread, and godawful sights. Those are the two things they fixed on the G3C, and it now takes Glock-style sights so you can customize as you please. I think this is the gun they finally really nailed.

    I've seen them pop up in the $245-250 window a lot lately, which seems pretty fair all things considered. Sportsman's in Slidell had them for $249 last week. I don't think I'd get too excited about spending $330 for one, unless you gotta have it now. I don't think it's "worth" $330, particularly since you're going to want to spend on some new sights almost immediately. The prices will come down from the stratosphere eventually, at which point it's gonna be an amazing value... If they ever get down around $225 with a $50 rebate or something like that (a Black Friday type deal) I'm gonna snag one for sure.

    Edit: Forgot to mention the comparison with Glock... honestly you can't even really fairly compare a $250 gun to a $500 gun, other than both being guns that go bang, they're worlds apart. If you can afford to get something better quality you probably should. But for a value-category, the Taurus is fantastic.
    Last edited by southerncanuck; December 11th, 2020 at 07:13 PM.

  3. #3
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Taurus G3C

    I’m not going to compare it directly to my carry Glocks, but I personally have a G3c and a G2c on hand as they are used as holster test fitting devices . I’ve shot them both. The G3c shoots surprisingly well/smooth and the trigger is also decent for the price range. If that price range is your budget, then the G3c would be a good choice.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jasarii; December 11th, 2020 at 07:07 PM.
    ,——'――';=====±—-
    !‚–’――ƒΉΆ

  4. #4
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by southerncanuck View Post
    I haven't shot the G3C but I've put thousands through a G2C and TX22... G2C was really good for the price but certainly not "refined" feeling by any stretch. The TX22 is far better than it has any business being. As best I can tell the G3C is by a large margin the best pistol Taurus has brought to market so far. The G2C was a helluva good value, but it had some major shortcomings: specifically, a trigger mushier than wet bread, and godawful sights. Those are the two things they fixed on the G3C, and it now takes Glock-style sights so you can customize as you please. I think this is the gun they finally really nailed.

    I've seen them pop up in the $245-250 window a lot lately, which seems pretty fair all things considered. Sportsman's in Slidell had them for $249 last week. I don't think I'd get too excited about spending $330 for one, unless you gotta have it now. I don't think it's "worth" $330, particularly since you're going to want to spend on some new sights almost immediately. The prices will come down from the stratosphere eventually, at which point it's gonna be an amazing value... If they ever get down around $225 with a $50 rebate or something like that (a Black Friday type deal) I'm gonna snag one for sure.

    Edit: Forgot to mention the comparison with Glock... honestly you can't even really fairly compare a $250 gun to a $500 gun, other than both being guns that go bang, they're worlds apart. If you can afford to get something better quality you probably should. But for a value-category, the Taurus is fantastic.
    I appreciate your feedback. I’ve been really enjoying the TX22 and was blown away at how good of a gun it really is. Every time I pull the trigger I’m just in awe at how smooth and crisp it is and almost forget I’m shooting a $300 Taurus and a .22 at that.

    The package I’m looking at at academy comes equipped with a Viridian red laser which alone is a little over $100 if Someone wanted to buy one. They do sell one without a laser for $270 but I figured for $50 more why not just get the laser with it. I’ve seen enough good things said about it now and have heard enough that I think I’ll give it a go and see what it’s all about. For $300 if it’s half as good as the TX22 I’ll be satisfied

  5. #5
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasarii View Post
    I’m not going to compare it directly to my carry Glocks, but I personally have a G3c and a G2c on hand as they are used as holster test fitting devices . I’ve shot them both. The G3c shoots surprisingly well/smooth and the trigger is also decent for the price range. If that price range is your budget, then the G3c would be a good choice.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Funny you mentioned your Glocks. This seems to be the one *budget gun* that even folks with much better name brand pistols own. I was talking to a guy in academy who was telling me he has over 30 pistols. The cheapest gun he owns was a Glock 43 and he was at Academy to buy the G3C. From what I’m seeing and hearing about this gun it seems to be in a class of its own when it comes to budget guns and not like your typical SD9VE or whatever the Smith & Wesson Value Enhanced gun is called. I could never in a million years see myself buying a pistol like that unless of course it was all I could afford and all that was available. The G3C and G2C seem to be in a class of their own.

  6. #6
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Can anyone point me in the direction to getting a holster for this gun? Are they readily available? Specifically one that will fit with a laser/light

  7. #7
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Jstudzinski View Post
    Can anyone point me in the direction to getting a holster for this gun? Are they readily available? Specifically one that will fit with a laser/light
    The addition of a light/laser to the G3c is where your challenge for a holster will be as most holster makers only offer non light/laser bearing holster for the G3c. What mode light/laser is it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ,——'――';=====±—-
    !‚–’――ƒΉΆ

  8. #8
    enthusiast

    User Info Menu

    I would imagine finding a holster might be difficult, but if you go to St. Bernard indoor shooting range with your gun, you can buy the kydex on the wall and they will make you a *custom* holster on site. Zero experience with their product, not sure if they block it off before throwing it in the toaster oven either
    Stephen

  9. #9
    _________

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    I would imagine finding a holster might be difficult, but if you go to St. Bernard indoor shooting range with your gun, you can buy the kydex on the wall and they will make you a *custom* holster on site. Zero experience with their product, not sure if they block it off before throwing it in the toaster oven either
    Please don't do that. That's two sheets of flat kydex that they already have drilled and installed eyelets. Then they heat the entire thing up and should your gun into. That's NOT how holsters should be made.

    If you want custom work, speak with Jasarii at SCK Holsters.

  10. #10
    Don’t troll me bro!

    User Info Menu

    I really liked the G2C when I was buying them for less than 200 bucks, but I haven’t tried on a G3. You'll likely get mixed reviews but I don’t think you can go wrong with the one you got. I also have a few of the slim models in 9mm and 40, gen one and 2, that have functioned flawlessly for me.

    One fluke I found out about with the G2C: I ordered some extended mags from Gunmagwarehouse last year on the cheap for range time and just so happens, when I remove the plastic sleeve that fills the gap, it becomes a 16 round flush fit mag that runs perfect in my CZ P01 for about half the price. Go figure.
    Doesn’t play well with TROLLS...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •