Join BayouShooter For Free
Meplat

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345 LastLast

Thread: Taurus G3C

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Taurus G3C

Great read and review, thank you! I dunno who you had to rob to be able to shoot 1700 rounds of 9mm a month but I’m jealous.

Did you ever open sesame and see whether it was a plastic or steel striker guide?
    Last edited by southerncanuck; January 11th, 2021 at 03:50 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    Have you benched the gun to see how accurate it actually is?
    I don’t think he needs to.

if you check the reviews online Hickock & The Honest Outlaw are both ringing small sized steel 80 yards away!

80 YARDS! Heck I can barely see that small of a target, yet alone hit it with consistency hand held with a smallish pistol. The Gong maybe, but the Ram! And then the small plates the Outlaw is shooting at 80 yards?

i tried twice to buy one today, was called back both time, out of stock and they just came in today.
    Last edited by Martman300; January 10th, 2021 at 03:01 PM.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by southerncanuck View Post
    Great read and review, thank you! I dunno who you had to rob to be able to shoot 1700 rounds of 9mm a month but I’m jealous.

Did you ever open sesame and see whether it was a plastic or steel striker guide?

Don’t start. Just let the dude enjoy his gun, shit man.
    It’s a genuine question. He seems to have kept a log on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Martman300 View Post
    I don’t think he needs to.

if you check the reviews online Hickock & The Honest Outlaw are both ringing small sized steel 80 yards away!

80 YARDS! Heck I can barely see that small of a target, yet alone hit it with consistency hand held with a smallish pistol. The Gong maybe, but the Ram! And then the small plates the Outlaw is shooting at 80 yards?

i tried twice to buy one today, was called back both time, out of stock and they just came in today.
    I shoot my G34 at 100 every now and then on a 10* plate. I’ve shot out to 140 yards on a reduced IPSC.

I was more so expecting to read that he benched the gun at 25 yards and recorded the results. I do this with any new pistol.

Donít troll me bro!

User Info Menu

Don’t start. Just let the dude enjoy his gun, shit man.
    Internet post of the week! LMAO!
    Doesnít play well with TROLLS...

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Internet post of the week! LMAO!
    You own the same pistols. Have you ever benched them for accuracy?

I'm asking a simple question. Southerncanuck already convinced me that one Taurus isn't terrible. Take a minute and breathe. Try to have a civil discussion for once.

I have only found one article that mentions 25 yard accuracy, which is fairly impressive at 2-2.5 inches.

I was impressed by the G3ís accuracy, especially considering the austere sights that are more appropriate for close-range, personal defense shooting than punching targets at 25 yards. The best group of the day measured 2.05 inches for five shots, and four of the 20 groups fired measured under 2.5 inches.
    Handguns Magazine Taurus G3 Review
    Last edited by DAVE_M; January 10th, 2021 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Article added

Marksman

User Info Menu

I think I read the same article.

I also saw a video of a ransom rest at 15 yards, sub 2* groups.

_________

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Martman300 View Post
    I think I read the same article.

I also saw a video of a ransom rest at 15 yards, sub 2* groups.
    I suppose the OP didn't bench it, but sub 2 at 15 isn't as impressive as a 2" group at 25.

Most striker fired guns will average about 3" +/- at 25 yards. Some worse, some better, obviously.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Answered my own striker guide question on YouTube... looks like itís still a plastic piece but itís a new part so no hole in the middle anymore. Good stuff, probably not as critical to replace.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Great read and review, thank you! I dunno who you had to rob to be able to shoot 1700 rounds of 9mm a month but Iím jealous.

yea Iím sorry. Itís the same as the red one In the G2c only difference is this one is yellow and made of polymer. I ordered a steel one online for $25 that Iím waiting on to ship.

as far as the ammo goes I was well prepared going into this year. Unfortunately I donít just stash the ammo I have, I shoot at least once a week. The way ammo is scarce now I may have to cut back to every other week. My last two attempts to buy from academy were a fail. I was 7th in line and 10th in line the last two times I went and both damn times they sold out of 9mm, .45acp, 5.56, and .40 right before I got my turn to pick. I guess on a positive note I was able to add to my .22lr and 00 buck stash
    Last edited by Jstudzinski; January 11th, 2021 at 06:40 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    Have you benched the gun to see how accurate it actually is?
    I did. With 3 different types of fmj. I will take pictures of the gropings next time I go Iíll bring my bench along. I was surprised at how accurate it is for being a $270-$330 ( if you get the one with the viridian laser) with a 3.2Ē barrel.

Taurus seems like they are really trying hard to erase their terrible reputation from the past and start producing quality guns. I am absolutely in love with the G3C and TX22. Both of them are just so much fun to shoot. I will say the rear sight on the TX22 is absolutely trash but I ordered some night sights to put on it so thatís no longer an issue for me personally. Mine wasnít holding windage or elevation and a quick google search told me itís a common problem. Other than that, flawless.