Taurus G3C

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I did. With 3 different types of fmj. I will take pictures of the gropings next time I go I’ll bring my bench along. I was surprised at how accurate it is for being a $270-$330 ( if you get the one with the viridian laser) with a 3.2* barrel.

Taurus seems like they are really trying hard to erase their terrible reputation from the past and start producing quality guns. I am absolutely in love with the G3C and TX22. Both of them are just so much fun to shoot. I will say the rear sight on the TX22 is absolutely trash but I ordered some night sights to put on it so that’s no longer an issue for me personally. Mine wasn’t holding windage or elevation and a quick google search told me it’s a common problem. Other than that, flawless.

An NRA B8 ten ring is 3.36". Most striker guns with quality ammo should be able to shoot a 100 at 25 yards on a B8 from the bench. I've had a few guns that don't, but those had some issues.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    i will take pictures of the gropings next time

yeahhhhhhhh buddy!!!!!!!!!!!! Ow owwwwwwwww

I will say the rear sight on the TX22 is absolutely trash

Agreed. I just blacked mine out on the TX22 with some Birchwood Casey sight markers, but they're crap. I desperately hope that moving to the glock-compatible sights is the "new normal" for Taurus, in which case I'm going to be one of the first in line for the TX22 Gen 2, whatever that is and whenever it comes. (Daydream scenario: they add some weight by using a tungsten-infused polymer frame like Sig has done X5 Legion.)

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    yeahhhhhhhh buddy!!!!!!!!!!!! Ow owwwwwwwww

Agreed. I just blacked mine out on the TX22 with some Birchwood Casey sight markers, but they're crap. I desperately hope that moving to the glock-compatible sights is the "new normal" for Taurus, in which case I'm going to be one of the first in line for the TX22 Gen 2, whatever that is and whenever it comes. (Daydream scenario: they add some weight by using a tungsten-infused polymer frame like Sig has done X5 Legion.)

Did you color in the rear? I didn’t even notice.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Anyone here have any experience with this gun? Is it worth the $330 or should I just double up and get another Glock.

I had a G2C. It was OK, but the mags didn't drop reliably ... until they started to drop in the middle of shooting a string.

Reliability aside, there's also the ubiquity of Glock parts and accessories.

I'd save a few more shekels and get the Glock. Seldom have I heard someone regretting that decision.

Mike

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I had a G2C. It was OK, but the mags didn't drop reliably ... until they started to drop in the middle of shooting a string.

Reliability aside, there's also the ubiquity of Glock parts and accessories.

I'd save a few more shekels and get the Glock. Seldom have I heard someone regretting that decision.

Mike
    From what I understand with the G3 and G3C the mag catch is one of the upgrades from the G2 series along with a few others. Your not the only person I’ve heard say the mag catch gave out on the G2 series. I’ve never owned a G2 or G2C but from what I understand the issue was corrected before the G3 was released.

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    So just this morning I discovered my first possible complaint about the G3C I own with the viridian laser. I was checking the laser as I do every morning before I leave my house and swapping out the magazine with federal 147gr hst for Hornady critical duty 135gr +p. I prefer to keep the critical duty in the gun when I’m out and about because I feel for what it was designed for it’s a slightly better option when being inside of my car or out and about. This is now the second time I’ve had to change the batteries out on it. Both times the battery has only lasted me about 2.5 weeks. I ordered a 4 pack of the viridian batteries so I’m not sure if it’s just the viridian brand batteries are cheap or the laser just drains them that fast but I’ll definitely be ordering another brand here shortly to see if that helps extend the life at all. On a positive note changing the battery out is simple and only requires the removal of two screws. The laser stays zeroed In because I don’t have to actually take it off of the gun. I believe the 4 pack of batteries ran me about $10-$12 off of Amazon.

Obviously this is nothing to do with the actual gun and more so an issue with the laser or brand of batteries for the laser. If using a more reputable brand of batteries doesn’t solve the issue I’ll likely take off the viridian laser and put on a crimson green laser. Just something to consider maybe when purchasing. I suppose for me personally anyway it was still worth the extra $60 cost since the laser does hold 0 and functions fine when firing the gun. I believe viridian sells the red laser for $110 and the green one for slightly more if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    An NRA B8 ten ring is 3.36". Most striker guns with quality ammo should be able to shoot a 100 at 25 yards on a B8 from the bench. I've had a few guns that don't, but those had some issues.
    I will definitely give this a go when I go back to the range and fill you in with my experience and some pictures. I’m confident shooting 100 at 25 yards benched will be no issue.

Jadams74

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2019
    Ponchatoula, Louisiana
    I have the g2c, picked it up on sale a couple of years ago and it has become my go-to conceal carry gun. I used to carry either a Glock 26,which was a bit of a small fit for me, even with the finger extensions or a 19 which isn't quite as concealable as the g2c. I have never had an issue with the g2c with close to 800 rounds through it, which is comparable to the round counts on my Glocks. I did have a few ftf with both Glocks and the other issues I had were ammo related.
    The g2c is a perfect size for me and I love it and carry it most of the time. The only problem is that there aren't many accessories like extended barrels, certain holsters, etc, but I like mine and plan on getting the g23 and g3 as soon as I finish this 300 bo/Whisper I've been working on.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Just wanted to leave a little update on the G3C. I’ve slowed down on shooting it quite as much as I did when I first purchased it but if I had to estimate I have around 1,500 flawless rounds through it with the only malfunction being ammo related on one hard primer from some monarch steel case ammo that the double strike capability handled with the second strike.

so far to date the only upgrade I have installed is the stainless steel guid rod from lakeline llc. I also just recently purchased the stainless steel striker guid since it came with a little yellow plastic one. That I will include a picture of and leave an update after firing the gun with the new parts.

The viridian laser would be my biggest complaint. I would definitely skip that option and save your money. Although it did hold 0 and was spot on the batteries needed to be changed about every 2 weeks and that’s with minimal use. It also completely quit working around month 3. It comes with a 7 year warranty and I did reach out to Viridian who offered to replace it. I’ve decided not to for now since I don’t plan on putting it back on the gun.

If your on the fence like I was about this one and thinking about pulling the trigger, DO IT! Before this year I would have said you were crazy if you told me I would own a Taurus pistol much less two!

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I heard that the Taurus factory has this chick, Carlita I think her name is... anyway, she does the final inspection and oiling of the guns by rubbing them through her folds. I heard that from not really a fan of Taurus pistols. Oddly enough, ever since I just can’t get enough of them.

She started off selling her well used underwear online till one day someone sent her a Taurus PT-92 and a P2000 Mill to carry in her underwear for days..........and the rest is history!

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Quick update. Almost immediately after I made my post for some the stainless striker channel started giving me trouble. For some reason it started catching and the slide would not go home without a bit of force each time. I swapped it back and forth with the factory parts 3 different times and each time it would malfunction with the stainless but work fine with the factory.

im going to e mail lakeline today and see what they say. The metal striker channel is catching on something to cause the slide from going home.

Musicmasterd12

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    Slidell
    I bought one of those for my g2c. I’m pretty sure it mentioned needing to be fitted on some pistols and gave instructions. Luckily though, Mine dropped in both my g2c pistols without issues.

Goodluck.

I also ordered a front tritium sight for my g2c and a set of fiber optics for the other and I’ve liked them over the factory sights!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I will definitely give this a go when I go back to the range and fill you in with my experience and some pictures. I’m confident shooting 100 at 25 yards benched will be no issue.

Any update?

Top Bottom