BATFE Requesting Forfeiture of Polymer 80 Kits.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Surely you don’t believe anything in that article tho, right? I mean, all the info being available like that, for the ATF to just grab and make a list of... oh wait. I think we covered this already. Yeah, I think it was decided there’s no way that’s going on. No way the ATF can figure out who bought what when... and these people didn’t even go through a NICS check.

https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?187603&p=1698635#post1698635

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So these kits are being pulled simply because after purchase it was not necessary to buy any other part from another retailer?
    Realistically, because it’s a technicality the ATF came up with to support their actions. Same strategy as the pistol brace debacle, where they decided that since Q didn’t submit a sample of each and every configuration and say, ‘mother may I’ and the ATF didn’t say, ‘Simon says’ then they are suddenly not legal to own.
    Or you could just say, cuz ATF.

ATF REASONING...they don’t have to explain anything. They’re the ATF. I’m the ATF biotch!

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Anybody got the number to the ATF? I kinda wanna call them and tell them something. ‘Yeah, I got your ghost gun right here’

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    This is the beginning Of Communism. If Trump doesn’t make it back for a repeat Our country is screwed.

This is the beginning of Kamala’s policy

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    This is the beginning Of Communism. If Trump doesn’t make it back for a repeat Our country is screwed.

This is the beginning of Kamala’s policy
    Agreed. And I think folks are starting to understand exactly why there has been so much opposition to trump from the left and the media. They are scared of what he may do. It’s ever apparent that he should have done whatever he could to clean house during his term in stead of counting on a second. He gave them the chance they needed to steal the election.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Surely you don’t believe anything in that article tho, right? I mean, all the info being available like that, for the ATF to just grab and make a list of... oh wait. I think we covered this already. Yeah, I think it was decided there’s no way that’s going on. No way the ATF can figure out who bought what when... and these people didn’t even go through a NICS check.

Sigh...are you really trying to say that the government subpoenaing private businesses because the government doesn’t already have the information is an example of the government already having the information? The government having the ability to get the information when they need it was never in question. What was in question was the government’s ownership of the information before they needed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Sigh...are you really trying to say that the government subpoenaing private businesses because the government doesn’t already have the information is an example of the government already having the information? The government having the ability to get the information when they need it was never in question. What was in question was the government’s ownership of the information before they needed it.

Oh I’m not saying anything.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

Your argument is based on a massive population of these buy, build shoot kits being sold. How many million guns have been sold YTD? It’s pretty easy to work with a small sample and track the buyer through the distribution chain. These were most likely online purchases online purchases. When you order something to deliver at your house you provide the seller a home address once the ATF targets sales of a specific product it’s not that hard to collect shipping logs for those specific items. You are compare sweeping sand up off the floor to removing all sand from a beach.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

There’s is also the logistics of compiling the insurmountable heap of data into one concise list for collection efforts.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Your argument is based on a massive population of these buy, build shoot kits being sold. How many million guns have been sold YTD? It’s pretty easy to work with a small sample and track the buyer through the distribution chain. These were most likely online purchases online purchases. When you order something to deliver at your house you provide the seller a home address once the ATF targets sales of a specific product it’s not that hard to collect shipping logs for those specific items. You are compare sweeping sand up off the floor to removing all sand from a beach.
    I don’t understand where you’re going with that post. What do you think I’m arguing again?

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/02/un..._6f6fac3eaa-70cb3e97b7-22032915#axzz6EyKmFZWA

Here’s the article I posted way back when, oh look, same source as the one here. I just think it’s kinda ironic is all. Carry on.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I don’t understand where you’re going with that post. What do you think I’m arguing again?

It seems you revived your tired argument that there was a readily available list that a faceless government agency could use at a moment’s notice to start seizing guns. Your flaw in logic was you compared a few hundred (maybe even a few thousand) kits to the arguably 300 million and ever rising guns (probably closer to 400M) privately owned in the US.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So I’ll pose a generic question:
    Is it ok for the ATF to subpoena information on citizens that bought something online that was legal to buy? I’m not talking about for one person as in to collect evidence for a court case, but a big blanket search into private information to compile a list of people who purchased a legal product. Just because they got a subpoena, does that make it ok?
    Does anyone think there’s no way they could do this with anything else?
    Kinda hard to deny something when you watch it happening before your eyes is all I’m saying.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/02/un..._6f6fac3eaa-70cb3e97b7-22032915#axzz6EyKmFZWA

Here’s the article I posted way back when, oh look, same source as the one here. I just think it’s kinda ironic is all. Carry on.

It’s not ironic. You shared a link to an opinion piece that was trying to explain a motive behind the changes on the form. I posted a link to an article that contained a link to the application for warrant. The fact they are from the same source is coincidental.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yeah...we see that a lot.

Do we?

Btw, I just saw the last post in that closed thread. I had no idea the thread was closed when I edited my post. I didn’t even know we could do that. I thought once a thread was closed that was it, no further posts. I bet I’m not the only one who had no idea that was possible.

Top Bottom