Another notch in the Model 70. The beeman hits the woods this week. Pic included

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The beeman has been hunting a little more than usual this year, and after passing on two other deer earlier this year I finally pulled the trigger on a big fat doe this week. My oldest son has been hunting with me this week, which made me very happy, as he does not get to hunt very much because of his work schedule. I put him on what I thought was the best stand and low and behold the deer comes out on me. I put the crosshairs on her neck at about 25 yds and the old Winchester Model 70 (.270) laid her down like a blanket on a beach. This is a gun I got from a member on this site and it’s one of the best purchases I ever made. The stock is just a factory synthetic with a blind magazine, but the gun shoots lights out and I love it. I did a paint job on the gun when I got it ( I posted it so if you want to see it look it up) and it has held up beautifully. I’m using the Winchester Deer Season XP bullets and they did a fantastic job. I used the ballistic silver tips for a long time and the were super accurate, but they fragmented so much, which I didn’t like. They were devastating, but sometimes they didn’t leave a good blood trail. This is only my experience as yours may be different. The XP seemed to stay intact more and produced a massive exit hole. It didn’t matter in this case as the spine was completely severed and caused her to drop instantly. I hope everyone has a great hunting season and stay safe out there.
    a94e6cab6f5f24a83f5b39a83a1cbda4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    Meat in the freezer. Good shooting!

I haven't been able to hunt too often this season, but was able to get a doe with the recurve while on a camping/hunting trip back in October. The bucks should be chasing soon in the primary area I hunt so I plan on spending more time in the woods during the holiday break.

Hope you continue to have a great and safe hunting season.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    A man that can kill one with a recurve bow has all my respect. Hope you get the big one on your next trip out.
    Meat in the freezer. Good shooting!

I haven't been able to hunt too often this season, but was able to get a doe with the recurve while on a camping/hunting trip back in October. The bucks should be chasing soon in the primary area I hunt so I plan on spending more time in the woods during the holiday break.

Hope you continue to have a great and safe hunting season.

Top Bottom