Bill to end Civil Asset Forfeiture proposed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’ve never been personally affected by the current laws (or blatant abuse of the current laws) that agencies across the nation have used to rob people of their cash and belongings, but I’ve often feared I would eventually fall victim as many others have. I’ve often done what other good folks have done in the way of traveling with cash in my pocket, whether or not I was traveling to make a preplanned legitimate lawful purchase or just bring the opportunist and with that comes the very real concern that I will one day fall victim to a seizure of my money. I don’t know about all you good folks, but I’m pretty sure that would be enough to send me over the edge, and I really have no desire to become famous. I’ve decided that this loophole in the law (yes I’m calling it that) has long been abused and has allowed agencies to ruin many innocent lives and I’m not open to any defense of the law at this point, considering that abuse. I hope it’s overturned, stricken from the books and that all offending agencies cry long and hard over it.
    I predict that if this thing takes off we can see a marked increase in stop and rob activity on our interstates and highways. A last haul, if you will. Maybe a good idea to cya.
    Also, if you’re not aware of any occurrence of what I mention here, maybe search for yourself and become aware of what has happened and what could happen to anyone, as well as what little can be done if you fall victim.
    Guilty until you prove your innocence sucks for anyone and usually costs more than you’re fighting for.
    https://reason.com/2020/12/17/justin-amash-introduces-bill-to-end-civil-asset-forfeiture-nationwide/

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Bill to end Civil Asset Forfeiture? Nah amended maybe
    Arresting officer to receive 10% off the top.Tax free too.
    Must be caught in the act of committing a felony crime like selling/transporting weed or crack,meth things like that.
    All weed turned over to the state for resale if its high quality stuff.
    Arresting dept.receive 20% of the sales profit
    Things like that,Its called ''motivation''thru monetary gain.
    Support you're local law enforcement boyzs !

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Bill to end Civil Asset Forfeiture? Nah amended maybe
    Arresting officer to receive 10% off the top.Tax free too.
    Must be caught in the act of committing a felony crime like selling/transporting weed or crack,meth things like that.
    All weed turned over to the state for resale if its high quality stuff.
    Arresting dept.receive 20% of the sales profit
    Things like that,Its called ''motivation''thru monetary gain.
    Support you're local law enforcement boyzs !
    Aw Gator, don’t be dashing my hopes bro.
    Come on man.

Top Bottom