Message From Federal, CCI, Speer And Remington President Jason Vanderbrink On Ammo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I guess I just missed the internet ammo maker conspiracy talk. Hard for me to imagine any company (in the business of making a profit) would horde it's product when they could sell everything they make instantly.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Was that guy complaining because business is better than it’s ever been and he’s turning the best profit ever? I bet that’s such a burden to have to defend against all these rumors that might keep people from buying your product and hurt your profits...ok, I’ll stop with the snide remarks. Seriously though, he could easily have explained all that without the whining about how tired he is of his customers’ complaints.

Now why are they hoarding all the dang primers!?

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Was that guy complaining because business is better than it’s ever been and he’s turning the best profit ever? I bet that’s such a burden to have to defend against all these rumors that might keep people from buying your product and hurt your profits...ok, I’ll stop with the snide remarks. Seriously though, he could easily have explained all that without the whining about how tired he is of his customers’ complaints.

Now why are they hoarding all the dang primers!?

Primers? Is there more profit in the finished product or a singular component?

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    "Message From Federal, CCI, Speer And Remington President Jason Vanderbrink On Ammo"

Good to see those four companies are doing all they can to provide ammo at prices that are competitive to each other. I wonder if Federal .30-06 ammo is cheaper than Remington .30-06 ammo, or if the prices are suspiciously extremely similar. When one person controls competing companies, the temptation for price-fixing has to be extremely hard to resist. The other temptation is to have one company produce .30-06 and another focus on 9mm to reduce competition between the companies - trending towards a monopoly for each caliber.

Just a daily conspiracy theory put forth for your consideration. Back to the constant bemoaning of high ammo costs.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'm glad they made this video.

Back in March they stated they were transitioning to 3 shifts working round the clock and people still complained.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans

I'm with you on this one.

Boo hoo, Jason, you're tired of big bad meanies saying meanie things?! Poor widdle baby. Guess what buddy we're all friggin tired and we're all over it, the difference is this big bald plaid-wrapped snowflake gets paid $1.25 million dollars a year to be the guy that people send mean emails to, all while his business is the busiest it's literally ever been.

Vista Outdoors had a phenomenal opportunity here to get some really good, authentic messaging out here to win their customers over, but they badly missed the mark with this one. They made this about one guy, and it should have been about the company and its customers. Instead of coming from a position of strength and hope, they came from a position of weakness and frustration. Dollars to donuts this guy overruled his marketing and PR teams on this video, and they're going to be doing clean-up duty for the next week or two because of it.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    He made it clear the problem is the crazy disgruntled customers. Imagine just being a retailer and all the phone calls they get a day about ammo. How many you think are rude and ass holes when they are told no. Add to that threatening/conspiracy theory craziness. That’s what he said he was tired of. A person can only take so much. I thought it was a good video.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    He made it clear the problem is the crazy disgruntled customers. Imagine just being a retailer and all the phone calls they get a day about ammo. How many you think are rude and ass holes when they are told no. Add to that threatening/conspiracy theory craziness. That’s what he said he was tired of. A person can only take so much. I thought it was a good video.

True.

Top Kek

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    nola
    Federal ammo has no problems selling you a 50rd 2 box limit with a $3 surcharge added at checkout and $12 shipping for as many times as you like to repeat the process.

When Sig can do a 2000 round per household per 30 day rolling limit but Federal lets you check out as much as you'd like to end up lining their pockets with fees and exorbitant shipping costs on their volume shipper account that gets great discounts, methinks the lady doth protest too much.

With all the pretty ammo in the background they could do a 5-6 box limit just like Sig and offer free shipping over $100 just like Sig, they'd just rather tack 50% cost per round on in the checkout process and use this video to justify it.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

Can confirm. Go to your LGS and just ask the guy behind the counter if he’s having a nice Christmas, because they are tired of answering phone calls and hearing the derps yell about why there is no ammo. They want to sell it, but can’t if it doesn’t exist.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Federal ammo has no problems selling you a 50rd 2 box limit with a $3 surcharge added at checkout and $12 shipping for as many times as you like to repeat the process.

When Sig can do a 2000 round per household per 30 day rolling limit but Federal lets you check out as much as you'd like to end up lining their pockets with fees and exorbitant shipping costs on their volume shipper account that gets great discounts, methinks the lady doth protest too much.

With all the pretty ammo in the background they could do a 5-6 box limit just like Sig and offer free shipping over $100 just like Sig, they'd just rather tack 50% cost per round on in the checkout process and use this video to justify it.

Just purchase all your ammunition from your favorite Sig Distributor, Problem Solved.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    It’s a shame he even has to make a video like this. Who would think they wouldn’t be trying to produce and sell as much as possible. Conspiracy people make my head hurt. And if they wanted to store all of their ammo in a secret mountain warehouse who cares, it’s their business. They have no obligation to do anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TrapperT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2020
    Sulphur,La.
    Does he live in this world.Hes so far out of the real scheme of things,
    he talks in jibberish.The 30-06 is the most popular deer ammo? Seriously?
    Not too many people I know wants a deer that has been shot with a
    30-06.In fact I haven't seen a 30-06 sell in our local shop in years.

And making a product at a high rate of speed can only mean 1 thing,,
    More mistakes and bad ammo.Thanks for blowing up my new 30-06

Top Bottom