Guy at Costco this afternoon-no mask, open carrying

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Because of COPD, I cannot wear a n95 or cloth mask; they both cause you to retain and rebreathe too much CO2; I do use a clear face shield that my pulmonolist proved me with

You are joking right?

There is no danger in rebreathing CO2. Rescue breathing and CPR involve breathing in CO2.
    This so called rebreathing of CO2 is junk science.

This is how the conversation went. Even with your later posts, it's not unreasonably to conclude you were questioning his not wearing a mask due to COPD.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Fred Sanford loved his son Lamont.

Bummer the gif doesn't work.

Attachments

• 1o3ou0.jpg
      1o3ou0.jpg
      9 KB · Views: 55
    Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Pink puffers and blue bloaters. Those are the two versions of a person with COPD. We refer to them as ‘see oh two retainers’. Already competing for oxygen in the bloodstream and causing higher CO2 levels can lead to acidosis. Having lost the elasticity of the lung tissue, they are unable to fully exhale during normal breathing and therefore hold onto air that’s been exchanged (oxygen taken into the body and replaced by carbon dioxide) but more than that, the airways in the lungs are already obstructed (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) so a mask just adds to that and can set off events that would cause a see oh pee dee-er to have problems. The same can happen with an Asthma victim.
    Much like messing with a MAF sensor can screw with the way a car engine runs, covering a COPD victim’s face can trigger involuntary responses that can give them real problems. Since gas exchange happens almost immediately, the response can happen quickly.

In case anyone was wondering

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom