Guy at Costco this afternoon-no mask, open carrying

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    As I was entering Costco this afternoon there was a guy bitching "well that's ********; I'll just go shop at..."

I didn't see the beginning of the interaction, but he was not wearing a mask and was open carrying a pistol. I don't know their open carry policy, but they have signs clearly stating that you cannot shop there without a mask.

I was thinking "jackass", making gun owners look bad. But if it was you, please explain yourself. Do you not respect the property rights of others?

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    You know there’s diff rules for diff people man...per joe Biden

* come On man you know the deal*
    Hey,If I can't post on here about O.C. derps in wally-world then you can't either....Unless there's rules for some and rules for others?

- - - Updated - - -

Right
    The irony of someone refusing to wear a mask AND open carrying.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    You know there’s diff rules for diff people man...per joe Biden

* come On man you know the deal*

- - - Updated - - -

Right

You know something,Yall are correct,My derp was from Erath,talked flat and in Wally-world...The O.P's derp is in Costco so that means hes a higher class of derpism,

Carry on !!!

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    There are other advantages to wearing a mask. You can get away without shaving for a week or more. Bad hair day? You simply forgot to comb your hair because you did not want to forget your mask(You won’t be recognized anyway!). You don’t have to smile at anyone either.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    General Policies

Costco policy prohibits firearms to be brought into the warehouse, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    As I was entering Costco this afternoon there was a guy bitching "well that's ********; I'll just go shop at..."

I didn't see the beginning of the interaction, but he was not wearing a mask and was open carrying a pistol. I don't know their open carry policy, but they have signs clearly stating that you cannot shop there without a mask.

I was thinking "jackass", making gun owners look bad. But if it was you, please explain yourself. Do you not respect the property rights of others?

Good for him, he is probably not sick.

No point wearing a mask if you are not sick. Mask does not help you, just other people. So only sick people need to wear masks, to help keep the non sick people from getting sick. Or stay home. Or just keep your distance. No need to invade my space unless I am dying.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Good for him, he is probably not sick.

No point wearing a mask if you are not sick. Mask does not help you, just other people. So only sick people need to wear masks, to help keep the non sick people from getting sick. Or stay home. Or just keep your distance. No need to invade my space unless I am dying.

I generally agree with you. But that agreement is partially dependent on those who are sick doing their part, like not flying with COVID symptoms. So if we know that not everyone who is sick is doing what they should do, the mask worn by the healthy person might actually help the healthy person. But if you have confidence that other people will do what is needed, regardless of the inconvenience to themselves, then you are right, the masks don't help the healthy.

https://www.nola.com/news/coronavirus/article_019dcea6-43de-11eb-9e4c-0379b25e7295.html

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    With the new Amazon facility in your back yard, you could jump the fence and get you some vaccine

Heck, I'll just pirate out doses and have my own drive thru vaccine center....like 20 bucks a shot with a guaranteed signed statement that you're immune to everything like Superman except from the occasional piece of Kryptonite that's pops up once a year...You coming by?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom