Guy at Costco this afternoon-no mask, open carrying

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Because of COPD, I cannot wear a n95 or cloth mask; they both cause you to retain and rebreathe too much CO2; I do use a clear face shield that my pulmonolist proved me with

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    i only were a mask going though security at work.. idk if its a coincidence, but when i wear one my eyes start watering real bad and burning.. almost like shooting a over gassed suppressed gun... I mean its almost unbareable... Ive even held my breath and it would stop for a few seconds and as soon as i breath out here comes the burn.. am i the only one? Obvioulsy i dont think the mask help, and prob wear it wrong anyway, so maybe thats why it burns my eyes..

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    i only were a mask going though security at work.. idk if its a coincidence, but when i wear one my eyes start watering real bad and burning.. almost like shooting a over gassed suppressed gun... I mean its almost unbareable... Ive even held my breath and it would stop for a few seconds and as soon as i breath out here comes the burn.. am i the only one? Obvioulsy i dont think the mask help, and prob wear it wrong anyway, so maybe thats why it burns my eyes..

Have you tried mouthwash?

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Vodka and tonic does that..........:rofl:

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    It is a strange disease, some have little to no symptoms, some die, mostly elderly with other problems. My daughter had it, headache fatigue. fever and cough for a few days. Son in law had a headache and so did both grandchildren ages 10 and 13 I know a 89 and a 92 year old's who had it and had few symptoms. A 62 year old former co-worker spent a week in the hospital on oxygen. He was the only one who need medical treatment of a couple of dozen people I now who had it.
    Medicine needs to figure out why it doesn't faze some but kills others.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    There is no danger in rebreathing CO2. Rescue breathing and CPR involve breathing in CO2.
    This so called rebreathing of CO2 is junk science.

I've only done CPR on dead people and the breathing my CO2 in them was short time until we could get O2 in them. Not wearing a mask all day breathing the ****.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I've only done CPR on dead people and the breathing my CO2 in them was short time until we could get O2 in them. Not wearing a mask all day breathing the ****.

So you understand that there is no danger involved right?
    The masks are not able to contain the CO2 anyway. The masks do not prevent O2 from getting in. Even a Marine Corps issue M82 gas mask will not do that.
    After you exhale CO2, the O2 rich space around you dilutes the CO2. You will inhale more O2 than CO2. This is very low level chemistry and anatomy and physiology.

Anyone who hates wearing masks should just say so. Discomfort is a much better explanation than junk science from Chinese liberal Facebook bots.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Wearing a Mask With COPD
    by University of Maryland Medical System

Medical Exemptions for Masks
    There are three reasons that the CDC approves not wearing a mask. They state that:

Cloth face coverings should not be worn by:

Children younger than 2 years old
    Anyone who has trouble breathing, including those with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
    Anyone who is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the cloth face-covering without assistance

https://www.umms.org/coronavirus/what-to-know/managing-medical-conditions/conditions/copd/mask

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover-guidance.html

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    So you understand that there is no danger involved right?
    The masks are not able to contain the CO2 anyway. The masks do not prevent O2 from getting in. Even a Marine Corps issue M82 gas mask will not do that.
    After you exhale CO2, the O2 rich space around you dilutes the CO2. You will inhale more O2 than CO2. This is very low level chemistry and anatomy and physiology.

Anyone who hates wearing masks should just say so. Discomfort is a much better explanation than junk science from Chinese liberal Facebook bots.

Perhaps you should read up on what COPD is

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Danny is my friend and I'm pretty sure his Pulmonologist isn't into Chinese liberal crap.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    OK< Dummy, I will explain it to you; read slowly to understand..COPD causes you to not expel all of the co2 from your lungs, so ther is not enough space in your lungs to put the required amount of O2; wearing a tight mask causes you to rebreathe the co2 that you cannot expel at 100%; it also makes most weak, or pass out; just watch Drs & nurces, they remove them every change they get so they can keep on going with a clear head

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    OK< Dummy, I will explain it to you; read slowly to understand..COPD causes you to not expel all of the co2 from your lungs, so ther is not enough space in your lungs to put the required amount of O2; wearing a tight mask causes you to rebreathe the co2 that you cannot expel at 100%; it also makes most weak, or pass out; just watch Drs & nurces, they remove them every change they get so they can keep on going with a clear head

Dummy?
    If you are going to start with the civilian insults, then I don’t care to hear anything else.
    We are supposed to be adults here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom