Gun Registration Discussion

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m not really asking anyone to voice their choice, (so I changed the title) or what they’re prepared to do in any worse case scenario only to elaborate on beliefs and knowns vs unknowns regarding the government registering anything. Are we on a list? Is it the same as it has been in history regarding firearms? Is there any other evidence to support that registration leads to confiscation? Or leads to any other injustice, or other problems? I’m not talking spam calls and email bombs when you register for free coupons or whatever, I’m talking about a visit from an agent or a hold on a NICS check or maybe even finding out you’re on the no fly list. Is it possible that many people chose not to comment on the ATF website regarding the pistol braces because they had to register to comment? If so, wonder what they fear.

I’ve heard the arguments of the past, such as in Germany, pre WWII, when the registration became a door to door shopping list for confiscation of firearms. I’m watching current events and weapons bans around the globe and the response to them. I’ve also noticed openly discussing the subject tends to rile some, but I’m thinking it’s good to knock it around and explore the what if’s. Like what if the ATF said free registering of what we now deem to be a SBR and wave the $200 tax stamp to get them all on a list.
    If they’re willing to do that buy back thing they keep talking about I guess that’s a possibility.

Here’s one scenario as of late that might support the possibility of future use of someone’s name on a list:

https://youtu.be/7q11QfBQ24A

Last edited:

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    I can't even read the original brace announcement on the ATF website , they won't let me connect without turning off my VPN. That, coupled with making one register to comment is kinda fishy

RM Holsters

Aware
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    So yes I believe we ALL are on a list. I believe there are many list. I believe the more list a person is on, the higher their chance of getting the visit. I believe that alphabet agencies pick the lowest hanging fruit first and then start picking on the easiest to reach next. So being on as few list as possible is a good thing. I am not a tech guy, but when you see what the true tech guys can do and search out no one is truly untouchable. The gun registrations in the past were necessary for evil to do what they wanted to accomplish. A gun registration now would just make it a lot easier for evil to do the same. If they really want to confiscate they don't really need the registration.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Social Security Numbers
    Driver's Licenses
    Property Taxes
    Marriage Licenses
    Bank Accounts
    Federal Identification

There are so many things that you put your personal information on that the government has access to. You walk around every day with a tracking beacon called a cell phone. Aside from digging a bunker in the mountains, they will find you if they want to. All this conspiracy theory stuff is comical.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Social Security Numbers
    Driver's Licenses
    Property Taxes
    Marriage Licenses
    Bank Accounts
    Federal Identification

There are so many things that you put your personal information on that the government has access to. You walk around every day with a tracking beacon called a cell phone. Aside from digging a bunker in the mountains, they will find you if they want to. All this conspiracy theory stuff is comical.

If you deposit $3,500 in the bank they type in where the money came from.
    If you deposit $10,000 or more they fill out an additional form.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If I wanted to stay off of a "list" I'd probably start by not making gun related online searches, and I definitely wouldn't join an internet firearms forum.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If I wanted to stay off of a "list" I'd probably start by not making gun related online searches, and I definitely wouldn't join an internet firearms forum.

"They" are also interested in your feedback numbers. Higher numbers = more interest.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I am going to be added to a list of person's who eat way to much food today.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well looks like somebody covered the entire US population with all the social security marriage license yada yada conspiracy poo poo...
    Forever reverting to the tin foil hat escape don’t keep people from talking. But it’s a nice try. If you don’t want to discuss things just remove yourself. Gotta wonder about a person who would try to stop anyone from discussing their beliefs by trying to shame them with that conspiracy theory crap.

It’s no secret we all get a number when we are born and owe our lives to the machine. So what else, tax payer? What else ya got?

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Closed thread dude. Any more smokescreen?
    I guess we could talk about social security if you want, but I’m talking about things that apparently cause agents to visit a person at their home, like buying a 80% pistol frame or some filters for their truck, or maybe even a pistol brace? Or are you saying things like that don’t happen?

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Social Security Numbers
    Driver's Licenses
    Property Taxes
    Marriage Licenses
    Bank Accounts
    Federal Identification

Well looks like somebody covered the entire US population with all the social security marriage license yada yada conspiracy poo poo...
    Forever reverting to the tin foil hat escape don’t keep people from talking. But it’s a nice try. If you don’t want to discuss things just remove yourself. Gotta wonder about a person who would try to stop anyone from discussing their beliefs by trying to shame them with that conspiracy theory crap.

It’s no secret we all get a number when we are born and owe our lives to the machine. So what else, tax payer? What else ya got?

You may not like what he said but he was discussing things. If you're looking for confirmation bias, just say so in the original post. But if you're ok with people having a different view, stop complaining when people post a different view. Do you really value his opinion so much that you feel shame because he disagrees with you? He never tried to keep you from talking. He simply said he found your talking points comical.

Closed thread dude. Any more smokescreen?
    I guess we could talk about social security if you want, but I’m talking about things that apparently cause agents to visit a person at their home, like buying a 80% pistol frame or some filters for their truck, or maybe even a pistol brace? Or are you saying things like that don’t happen?

It appears people may have been visited based on purchasing an 80% lower. The visits were based on a list the feds had. They got the list from the companies who did business with the company who produced the items. Had the feds made those visits before they got a list from the companies, then I'd be impressed. But the feds requesting and being granted a subpoena duces tecum is not an example of them having a list. In fact, it more suggests the opposite. If the feds had that list, they wouldn't have needed to request the list from the companies. So what else ya got?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You may not like what he said but he was discussing things. If you're looking for confirmation bias, just say so in the original post. But if you're ok with people having a different view, stop complaining when people post a different view. Do you really value his opinion so much that you feel shame because he disagrees with you? He never tried to keep you from talking. He simply said he found your talking points comical.

It appears people may have been visited based on purchasing an 80% lower. The visits were based on a list the feds had. They got the list from the companies who did business with the company who produced the items. Had the feds made those visits before they got a list from the companies, then I'd be impressed. But the feds requesting and being granted a subpoena duces tecum is not an example of them having a list. In fact, it more suggests the opposite. If the feds had that list, they wouldn't have needed to request the list from the companies. So what else ya got?

I could have saved you the trouble of all that quoted print there, it was his comment at the end I was answering, where he said ‘all this conspiracy theory stuff is comical’.
    Comments like that don’t say, ‘I’d like to discuss that subject’ as much as they say, ‘you’re a conspiracy theorist’ or maybe even, ‘I don’t subscribe, nothing to discuss’ which makes me wonder (not really) why he would bother posting anything, but you go ahead and come running to Dave’s rescue if you must.
    Do I value Dave’s opinion of what exactly? He didn’t exactly offer anything to the discussion in my opinion except to insult anyone who may consider such things. I guess one man’s trolling is another man’s discussion.

If I were really a conspiracy theorist, I’d say that somebody doesn’t want us discussing such things on this site.

Lastly, as per the usual, you quote my post but don’t really read it.
    You just roll with it like you want, whatever fits your narrative.
    You brought up the 80% (lower/pistol frame) you said list, I said I’m talking about things that apparently cause an agent to visit a person at their home. You also reply about that like what I said is not factual. Like someone did not legally purchase a legal to own item and have the ATF show up at their home like I said. I’m talking about something that I don’t believe is ok. I’m thinking most law abiding gun owners don’t think it’s ok. But to bring it up in discussion here makes me a conspiracy theorist?
    Let me try another direction. What’s your opinion on what the ATF is doing regarding 80% Buy/build/shoot kits? And their actions regarding pistol braces? Do you support their posture on these items and their actions toward law abiding gun owners who’ve purchased said products? Is there not some way we can discuss what’s occurring in real time without somebody throwing the conspiracy theory card? Do you think that’s truly discussing a subject? Do you think that a member that goes straight to ‘conspiracy theory’ talk truly wants to discuss or is making an attempt to shut down discussion. I’ll be glad to hear Dave’s explanation.
    Of course anyone can disagree about the feds wanting to take your guns, but it would be a pretty empty argument when they’re proudly proclaiming that very fact for all to see.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So anyway, back to the discussion if there’s anyone who might like to discuss the possibility of a future gun registration of any sort.
    I’m wondering how many owners of pistol braces were actually intending to go ahead and register their AR pistol as a SBR when it appeared to be on the table. Anyone think the ATF picking up the tab seemed a little fishy? Did it give anyone pause? I wonder how many gun owners are ok with that. If we can’t discuss the possibilities here of all places I think we’re worse off than people think. How in hades will anyone ever come together when it really counts if all we do is bicker about whether or not the threat is real or simply decide there’s nothing that we can do about something so we might as well get used to it?
    Any chance we could just try it on for a bit without all the chicken little finger pointing crap taking place? Or is that considered discussion as well?

Last edited:

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    I have pondered the question of registering my pistol as a sbr if braces were to be outlawed ( so to speak ) . As far as having to register a gun , no I don't want firearms registration but I think the government already knows most people who vote a certain way are legal gun owners anyway .
    My reason for wanting my pistol to stay a pistol goes farther than registration. If I sbr it when I go to certain states I first have to get permission . I n some that allow me to carry it as a pistol if it is a rifle it will have to be unloaded and locked in a case . I can carry a pistol through parks but not a sbr. An sbr can not be used during alternative season but a braces pistol can . The reason I have not sbr ed it has nothing to do with the$ or registration so I probably would not register .
    As a matter of fact I'm in a blind over looking a wheat food plot with it now .
    Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    All good points Ozark. Thanks. Now I definitely see cons to suddenly going from the owner of a pistol to that of a SBR. To be forced to make that choice is not at all fair in my opinion. I’d just as soon mail them my brace rather than register a SBR that doesn’t exist.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Are we strictly talking about NFA registration or another hypothetical form of registration?

It would be hypocritical to avoid registering a firearm when one already owns registered items. I suppose you don’t have any NFA items.

Top Bottom