laser for 365

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    I have red Crimson Trace lasers on most all of my other carry pistols, but opted for the green one (at a handsome premium) for my now primary P365.

Why? You can't see the red lasers in daylight or brighter conditions. The green is easily visible on a target in full sunlight.

I think this is why Crimson Trace sell the green lasers for a premium.

The laser for the P365 has a nice out of the way on/off switch.

Some guys snub their noses at a laser on a pistol, but if it gives me even the slightest advantage-it's worth it.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Personal preference, I think, at the end of the day. Many folks that know a heck of a lot more than me make a pretty good case for green being easier to pick up and more visible in daylight (same holds for dots and front sights). I prefer red myself.

As best I understand, the Crimson Trace LaserGuard is the best laser option for the P365 on the market -- better quality and more reliable activation than the Sig LIMA365.

I anticipate a discussion forum war is about to commence on the pros and cons of lasers so brace yourself.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Lasers have a purpose, so I'm not going to argue for or against them. If you are dead set on going with a laser, green is more friendly to the eye and can be seen in various lighting conditions.

As Southerncanuck said, you need to look at lasers objectively and see which is best. Lasers must be zeroed, it's not just slap it on and go.

The Crimson Trace Laserguard, Sig LIMA365, and Streamlight TLR-6 are going to be some of the most common options. Right off the bat, I'll tell you the TLR-6 has crappy controls, but you're likely to find more holster options for it.

Last edited:

rocko

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2008
    Greenwell Springs (Central)
    Lasers have a purpose, so I'm not going to argue for or against them. If you are dead set on going with a laser, green is more friendly to the eye and can be seen in various lighting conditions.

As Southerncanuck said, you need to look at lasers objectively and see which is best. Lasers must be zeroed, it's not just slap it on and go.

The Crimson Trace Laserguard, Sig LIMA365, and Streamlight TLR-6 are going to be some of the most common options. Right off the bat, I'll tell you the TLR-6 has crappy controls, but you're likely to find more holster options for it.

Thanks everyone.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    While I do prefer a green laser because it’s easier to identify at distances and imo just an overall better laser option a red laser is more than suitable for any handgun. In a self defense situation the vast majority of the time a shot would be taken inside of 10 yards and usually a lot closer than that. You really have no need for a carry gun to have a laser that can easily be identified at 50+ yards. If I have the extra money to blow I’ll go with green and if not I’ll happily buy the red. Just don’t make the mistake I made and buy an IR laser not realizing. Not a whole lot of advantage for a civilian carrying a laser that can only be picked up with night vision. Luckily olight was happy to have me mail them the IR laser back and send me the baldr pro I wanted.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I have red Crimson Trace lasers on most all of my other carry pistols, but opted for the green one (at a handsome premium) for my now primary P365.

Why? You can't see the red lasers in daylight or brighter conditions. The green is easily visible on a target in full sunlight.

I think this is why Crimson Trace sell the green lasers for a premium.

The laser for the P365 has a nice out of the way on/off switch.

Some guys snub their noses at a laser on a pistol, but if it gives me even the slightest advantage-it's worth it.
    I agree with your rationale for a laser. My first was a set of the original Crimson Trace laser grips for a 92FS and it was worth the money. Shooting the same handgun a lot with a laser helps with muscle memory/extension of the hand thing and in my case it helped with quicker point shooting in that all I had to do was pick up the front sight and shoot. My speed and accuracy improved substantially by the time the battery died. For a carry gun it can have pros and cons. It can give away your position or just the fact that you are armed if it comes to trying to maintain any sort of stealth in a situation while acquiring your target. But it can also potentially give you the ability to fire more accurately from adequate cover without exposing much of anything other than the firearm if there’s any sort of peephole in your cover. I guess the main pro is the potential for increased accuracy and confidence in the event you must take a risky shot with a small target or small margin for error.
    I have a few now that I use for plinking fun. They are all trigger guard mount type or generic pistol rail mount. The crimson trace is still my favorite but armalaser is growing on me with the activation contacts and how well they work. I’ve had zero problems with any of them. Zero is as easy as sight witness at 20-25 feet in my experience I definitely prefer the green for visibility’s sake.

Top Bottom