Federal Ammunition Price From Federal.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Federal will ship you a 2 box limit of 9mm American Eagle ammunition for $58 with a long delay in shipping.
    Typo corrected, original post added shipping twice.

Last edited:

Top Kek

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    nola
    Federal has a quasi pay to play scheme going on.

2 boxes Syntech 150gr - $45.98 = ~46cpr
    + $12 shipping ($5.xx tax locale dependent but ignore this, everybody charges tax now online pretty much)
    = $63.31, ~63cpr shipped.

Anybody who has ever shipped anything knows that A) volume shippers get volume discounts, B) the price of shipping doesn't scale linearly with the size/weight of the package.

2 box limit, infinite order capability to the same address/same card, $12 shipping each time, multiple orders packed in 1 box if it fits. Ask me how I know. Yes, they have the capability to charge you $12 on each order and have shipping associate your non consecutive order numbers and consolidate the shipping to make them more money.

They used to charge $3 in fees on each order on a 2 box limit on top of things. I went to order once and saw that and backed out, the time I did order with multiple orders they charged $3 more per order than invoice price on my card, then revised the charges.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Federal has a quasi pay to play scheme going on.

2 boxes Syntech 150gr - $45.98 = ~46cpr
    + $12 shipping ($5.xx tax locale dependent but ignore this, everybody charges tax now online pretty much)
    = $63.31, ~63cpr shipped.

Anybody who has ever shipped anything knows that A) volume shippers get volume discounts, B) the price of shipping doesn't scale linearly with the size/weight of the package.

2 box limit, infinite order capability to the same address/same card, $12 shipping each time, multiple orders packed in 1 box if it fits. Ask me how I know. Yes, they have the capability to charge you $12 on each order and have shipping associate your non consecutive order numbers and consolidate the shipping to make them more money.

They used to charge $3 in fees on each order on a 2 box limit on top of things. I went to order once and saw that and backed out, the time I did order with multiple orders they charged $3 more per order than invoice price on my card, then revised the charges.

At that point you can pay $0.60/rd shipped on other sites.

I think Federal is doing it to get people "some" ammo, while discouraging those are looking for thousands of rounds.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace

I think Federal is doing it to get people "some" ammo, while discouraging those are looking for thousands of rounds.

I don't like the Syntech's not as accurate as even my Hi-Tek coated bullets. Tested in my Ransom Rest in several guns, nothing to write home about.

Top Kek

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    nola

Absolutely, but when you don't see subsonics pop up for months but see 115/124 every other day daily for sub 50cpr shipped, it starts to not look too terrible.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom