ATF Reimagined?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    It doesn't take an Einstein to see that solvent traps can be easily converted to undocumented silencers. Nor bump stocks make an end run around machine gun laws or that braces make an end run around putting stocks on pistols which are regulated.

It's like little Billy being told he can't have any cookies out of the cookie jar on the fridge. Mom leaves so little Billy gets the mop and knocks the cookie jar off the fridge onto the floor.
    Mom comes back to find little Billy happily munching cookies on the floor and jumps his ass.
    But Mom, the cookies weren't on the fridge !!

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    It doesn't take an Einstein to see that solvent traps can be easily converted to undocumented silencers. Nor bump stocks make an end run around machine gun laws or that braces make an end run around putting stocks on pistols which are regulated.
    I get all that, but should any government agency have the right to regulate any of that in the first place and when is enough enough? How far will they go in the future? At this rate, buying a roll of duct tape might put you on a watch list pretty soon.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.

It's like little Billy being told he can't have any cookies out of the cookie jar on the fridge. Mom leaves so little Billy gets the mop and knocks the cookie jar off the fridge onto the floor.
    Mom comes back to find little Billy happily munching cookies on the floor and jumps his ass.
    But Mom, the cookies weren't on the fridge !!

A Bump Stock DOES NOT change the way a rifle operates.
    It is PERFECTLY LEGAL to manufacture your own suppressor from a solvent trap kit.
    The ATF NEVER proposed doing away with pistol braces. (Read the letter).

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    1. I didn't say it turned it into a machine gun.
    2. Perfectly legal to make if you file for a Form 1 and have them registered through the proper channel.
    3.They were proposing to do away with or make illegal the use of arm braces since almost no one actually strapped it to their arm for use.

I also didn't say I agree with all this but it's pretty transparent as to use of said items.
    Don't put on camo clothes and claim to be invisible.

No, I don't think the ATF should be able to make firearms law and say, " So shall it be written, so shall it be done."
    Will there be an 80 Million Armed Man march on Washington ?
    They are however a regulatory agency and can make determinations as to if certain items are contrary to current law and subsequently illegal to use or possess. It will only get worse if Biden gets coronated. I think they are testing the waters with the arm brace comment period and subsequent withdrawal.
    Will the armed masses rise up as one and say, "No More !!"
    Will there be an 80 Million Armed Man March on Washington ?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom