Reliable Modern 9mm Striker Fired Pistols

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    The Kahr CW9 is a good little pistol. The only complaint I could give is that the slide is a little tough to rack so that could be a factor for some folks. I’d certainly take it over the options previously mentioned from Taurus, Canik, Ruger, Springfield, or Beretta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The Kahr CW9 is a good little pistol. The only complaint I could give is that the slide is a little tough to rack so that could be a factor for some folks. I’d certainly take it over the options previously mentioned from Taurus, Canik, Ruger, Springfield, or Beretta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistols made by Kahr are something I cannot in good faith recommend to anyone. My experience with them has not been pleasant. Magazines not dropping free is a big issue and they are known to have feeding issues, which I had experienced shooting them. Kahr's solution is to tell you to grip the gun right...

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Pistols made by Kahr are something I cannot in good faith recommend to anyone. My experience with them has not been pleasant. Magazines not dropping free is a big issue and they are known to have feeding issues, which I had experienced shooting them. Kahr's solution is to tell you to grip the gun right...

agreed. I certainly could ever recommend them to anyone for any reason.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    Would you say some striker fired pistols are more reliable than others?
    Yes, Glock!

one example, Sig P365, ok 2 examples, Sig P320, both came out with issues, vs the Glock 43X & Glock 48, both came out, you could basically start carrying this walking out of the store.

that is Glock reliability. Both are $500 to $600 pistols at retail.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Yes, Glock!

one example, Sig P365, ok 2 examples, Sig P320, both came out with issues, vs the Glock 43X & Glock 48, both came out, you could basically start carrying this walking out of the store.

that is Glock reliability. Both are $500 to $600 pistols at retail.
    I tell everyone if you want to buy a pistol that you know is going to go bang every time you pull the trigger with a huge aftermarket for accessories than go with Glock. The only exception to that rule imo is the Glock 44. It’s a shame we waited this long for Glock to come out with a .22lr pistol and it’s a total dud. Thank God for Taurus and the TX22! Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom